1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

84% of Gamers Do Not Meet Recommended Requirements for Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Mkilbride, Sep 26, 2011.

1. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Source engine game freezes your pc? lol... sorry I find it funny. Try reinstalling those games. Origin sucks in my opinion but it can get better in the future.

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I never said it would stop pirating. If I did what I mean was using these services means they get paid for there games first. Think about it. BF3 requires Origin to use. Origin will check to see if BF3 copy is legit. If it is not guess what? You can't crack that. You can't do that with Steam either. Valve figured this out years ago with Steam. The only way to stop pirating dead in its tracks was to release a service that has full 100% control over the software AKA: DRM.

This was actually genius really. It was the only way. EA saw this work for Steam. EA put 2+2 together and programmed Origin! Microsoft has Games for windows live. This is the best way to beat the pirates. Now sure you can still torrent a game. But without the ability to play online MP the game loses 80% of its value. Also it is much harder to patch pirated versions, a crap shoot really.

I applaud EA and Valve for what they have done. It actually has helped PC gaming in the sense that now we will see more PC games because the game makers will get paid for there work! The ones that refuse to use services like Steam and Origin are most likely the exact same thief’s that are pirating the games in the first place. So naturally they hate DRM. They come up with all sorts of silly excuses to boycott these services like can't play offline or can only install a few times. This is all nonsense and all it is, is smoke and mirrors.

Like I said, stop stealing games and there would be no need to even making DRM in the first place!

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Uh, I know you guys don't like me talking bout my swash-buckling adventures, but patching a pirated game is...pretty much the same as you guys. Instead, we get a installer, then put a new crack, bam, it took less than 30 seconds.

And, oddly enough, games from 3-4 years ago could not be played online, but just recently, games like Crysis 2, Dead Island, Brink, ect, and a few others, could be, with the pirated version, and all of these HAVE CD keys and the like. So it seems to be getting easier, if anything.

DRM would exist without pirating dude, why do you not believe that?

4. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Because it wouldn't have took off without all the pirating. Why can't you see that? Use common sense here. If no one was pirating games why would game makers spend the time and resources making DRM in the first place? DRM is an added expense to any game company. Matter of fact I bet it costs them millions of dollars to create and perfect. They have to hire programmers to create the code. They have to put the network in place which costs millions of dollars alone. The unforeseen bonus to making these types of services, and this came much later was it has now also become a store, an online store to buy the games from. This was never the intention of steam. Matter of fact if you go back to when it first came out there was no store selection in place. No friends lists, no nothing other then your game library.

Steam and Origin and whatever other service you prefer are a double edge sword. First point of the sword is DRM to guarantee payment for there game. Second point is digital download service to buy there game.

Genius!

If there was stock for Steam who ever bought into it is now a millionaire...

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Nice I should be able to run the game just fine.

Looking at medium to high settings, but will only be using my crappy 22" 1680x1050 monitor as my 32" 1080p monitor is in the repair shop *install sad face here*

As long as I get min of 30fps in single player I shall be a happy bunny :) Then I shall upgrade to a GTX680 when they finally arrive in like 20 years :p

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I don't use the computer for listening to high end audio. I have a separate audio system for that. The G35 doesn't use the onboard Realtek. Anything else?:banana::)

7. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    I'm glad to see that Steam maxes out for you, but that does not change the fact I'm downloading from Origin at nearly double what I'm downloading from Steam. It makes me almost hate to buy games off them.

I labeled 3 reasons why Origin was better for ME, and the faster download speeds was one of them, so that's what I'm on about.

8. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    Stop that Steam vs. Origin BS already.

This will indeed be another "Crysis effect" in the pile of console ports that most of the recent games are, it must have made the hardware manufacturers unhappy. Hell, if even the M$ jumps on the bandwagon to promote the Win7&8 (DX11 is a must...) you know there is some serious accounting involved.

9. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Don't look to much on the Steam " numbers " ... some peoples get Steam too for alternative games, old games, CS1.6 and this is really not a good representation for give an accurate % for global systems....

10. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    seems like yougamers just said I had enough grunt for 1080p + high settings errmmm have you seen my system specs (pssst look left)

<
    <

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Probably about right, that is the result most people get.

Pity you can't just join an empty server and run about checking the map out, and see what visual setting does what.

12. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    You should change your Steam server location on the options. Steam has always been the fastest download rates for me but depending on how long you've had it installed you may need to change the content server location.

13. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I've got a decent system I should be able to play it on high but its a long time coming that a game finally pushes people to upgrade to play otherwise we are stuck in noob 12year old heaven playing on mom/pops 5 year old computer. As I've said in other threads to beat the horse dead some more, I'm upset that I have to download and run Origin to run this damn game online..I'll wait till finished product anyway rather than waste my time with a unfinished beta.

14. Lofti

Lofti Member Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek 7970 2GB x2
    I think I'm ready....

15. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 2080Ti FE
    I'm sitting firmly on the fence this time. Gonna wait and see what the reviews are like, see if there are masses of bugs in this game upon release.

Coz if you think about it, when has EA consistantly NOT screwed it customers over? I mean was there ever even one single time where EA has stuck its collective neck out and said 'hey, lets do something that our customers will appreciate' ? Coz i dont recall one.

16. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I'm sort of imagining those recommended specs to mean 30fps average... which will mean 20fps some of the time, 40fps some of the time. But never quite smooth...

My 920 and 560 ti will probably run it at smooth 50+ frames on medium settings.

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Lmao let off some steam Bennet, you original pirate, as long as there's problems there's a solution.

18. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before, or is legit/reliable -

[​IMG]

19. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
  20. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    Cool - finally a major game that really pushes current hardware, but is still playable on ultra settings with top end hardware if you are willing to sacrifice AA and perhaps one or two other settings. It will be interesting to see how well newer drivers do after the game has been out a week or two. I suspect that both AMD and NVIDIA will have a few more additional FPS.

Screenies look nice too. :nerd: