1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

84% of Gamers Do Not Meet Recommended Requirements for Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Mkilbride, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Steams offline mode works for me 100%, never had a problem with it the 4 months I didn't have net.

2. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB.
    Will i be able to run it on high?

3. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Seems like most games these days are associated with EA. It's unavoidable.

4. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    No AMD CPU has enough processing power to handle two 580s, at least until Zambezi is released. Your CPU will bottleneck them.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If everything is up to date, then its fine, but i grabbed the Hard Reset demo, went to make something to eat, when i came back then my net was off, and not only could i not play Hard Reset, but couldn't play any of the other 90+ games i have.

I can't be sitting in offline mode all the time just incase i change something and can't log back in once im offline.

It's something i have e-mailed them about, as i can live with not getting into the game that has the issue, but not locking down the whole account because of once unfinished install.

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Even if you're not in Offline mode, if you restart Steam, it asks if you wanna start in Offline mode.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I know, but that only works if you have everything up to date, if you don't you get this error.

[​IMG]

Anyway, this is the wrong thread for this, PM me if you think i'm wrong about this.

8. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I won't trust me. While I am waiting for that to happen I will play BF3 with the rest of the gaming world! I'll come back here from time to time and let you know how amazing the game is to play and how it finally makes use of all this awsome hardware we spent so much for. You, you can sit back and read about it and watch YouTube video about the game. Then we can do it all over again with BF4 through...you guessed it Origin. We can make this a yearly thing LOL...

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Have to agree, no way Im missing the pc game of the year, iv waited 5 years since bf2 and to not play it because of some 70mb program(That I find works perfectly fine) seems silly and a bit childish to me.

each to their own though!

10. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    It is silly but more important, not installing Origin will not do a single thing. It won't stop digital download services. It won't all of a sudden stop EA from using this service whatsoever. So, all he is doing is losing out on one of the most anticapated games released in the last 5 years!

The only thing, and I repeat only thing that will stop services such as Origin and Steam is the paying for the software. Yes, you all read this right. It was not a typo... Stop stealing video games. Stop using cracks for video games. Stop trying to cheat in video games. If everyone could do that. Poof! no more Steam, no more Origin and no more DRM. Period!!

But we all know this will never happpen. So Origin and Steam and <incert> new service here, will be around for years and years to come! It dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Heck you could be stuoid and still understand this concept...

11. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    no, no noooo no.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well looks like i'm going to need to turn down all the ghapics crap so i can run the game smoother

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    2600k at 4.8 and 2 580s should run max np

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Male, those wouldn't stop those Services at all...you're really naive if you think the reason they exist is to stop pirating ^^

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    You should be able to hit high easily, i know mine will be able to run ultra maybe.. Mines faster than a stock 580. :banana:

16. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    Hell, Steam didn't stop pirating at all. Black Ops was the most pirated game of 2010, hehe. Can't believe I paid money for that crap game.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Nothing can stop pirating.

18. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    lol, ye, kind of want my $50 back for that steaming pile of sh!t.

deltatux

19. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    I can answer this one from personal experience...

I have had BF3 preordered via Origin for over a month. I went on vacation last week during the free DS2 promo offer with preorders, and missed out on it. I spoke with a LIVE CSR after a wait of about 20 minutes, and was promptly given the free copy of DS2 within 5 minutes of speaking to them. There was no bs or any of that crap. I simply gave them my order number, and after a refresh of Origin my game was there. I didn't qualify for the free copy, but was given it anyways. Anyone ever speak with live Steam support after 20 minutes?

Every game I have downloaded from Origin has been very fast, and in most cases nearly twice as fast as my Steam downloads. I typically hang on Steam downloads every few minutes, and have to restart the process until it finishes. All my Origin dowloads have been completely bug free and flawless.

My kids play games on Steam pretty regularly. I'm having to deal with either Steam itself crashing, or games on Steam such as L4D2 that just love to freeze my whole system. I blame Steam for this bs. My machines play everything else flawlessly.

In my opinion Origin blows Steam out of the water, and I find it sad and hilarious at the same time there is a group of holdouts calling themselves gamers that will miss out on probably one of the best FPS's to date because of Origin.

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Lol.

Steam maxes out my download speed...so I do not know what you're on about, must be your location or something. Steam has never crashed for me; games have, yes, but not Steam. THe over-lay in some games has caused issues, but you can disable that.

And Steam support is so busy because they've over 25 million registered users, with half of them being active, versus EA's 20,000-30,000 Origin users.

I'll get BF3, no doubt, though I despise Origin, and I would have gotten BF3 already, if it was on Steam, but now I will wait for a price drop, or win it in a contest I entered.

Steam has made PC gaming so much better for me. Everything was lose and messy before, now it's all tidy & neat. Backup services, active groups, forums, an ice friends list, a great interface, fast downloads, the works.

And Steam has had free give-aways before too, plenty of times, special deals galore...

I fail to see at this point, how ORigin can offer even 20% of what Steam offers. Perhaps in 2-3 years, but at now, it's in it's infancy.