8.761 Win All July 27/10

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Valagard

Valagard Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    Played Stalker Call of Pripyat for about 20 hours with these drivers, and I must say they run fantastic

I can't tell if they were better then the 10.7's, but they arn't worse

2. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    You would certainly want ATI to come back once nVidia raised their prices due to no competition.

That being said, maybe its because I'm still running a 4890 and have not bothered with SLI/crossfire (whether internal or external), but I have NEVER had any issues with either companies drivers.

3. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Try 10.8 drivers and then let me know if u have trouble getting vsync to work (yes i know they are beta etc)

Apart from this,the only other problem i ever have is display driver resets in Second Life,but we all know that SL is an opengl pile of crap anyway,Linden Labs cudnt compile s**t in a toilet factory.

But yea,after running a single 3850 then 4850 and now a single 4890 i never really get any major probs,im just glad i dont have a crossfire board :)

4. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I'm on a laptop currently till the end of the month (possibly longer), not sure if these drivers will work on a laptop GPU as most are specifically labeled as "mobility" drivers.....but I never use vsync anyway. :p

5. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    Hey Rflair, thanks for the drivers :) I always enjoy testing them!

6. aireca

aireca Active Member

GPU:
    HD5770-1024MB HD4850-512
    Some times the Video tab disapears for me into WinXp sp3 (only in Clone mode)
    Clone mode are more bugginess than ever, every new CCC come with another new bug

I hope these bug do not come to the final release

Also i have a lot of Flickering in clone mode when Catalyst A.I. is Enabled
    Even with VSync and tripple buffer.
    The Flash video flickering are still here.

Ohh my... :(

7. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    bad drivers for me!

I played Aliens vs Predators online with it and very huge drops in crossfire mode!

60fps and below! WTF!

I have played AVP for 200HRS with ATI 10.5 and my fps always 90-100 !
    res : 1920x1080p
    aa8x af16 full dx11 tess!

ATI whats up with ur new drivers? they are all bad!

good ol 10.5!

8. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Have you returned to 10.5 now and the performce go up? I've noticed that the latest update for AVP destroyed the game performance.

9. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    I know it's a kinda late response, took me awhile to test all the sets this time, but this driver set appears to be the best of all available. It is generally the same as Cat 10.8 Beta 5 and includes missing performance tweaks from 10.6 for Vantage\Metro\whatever else. So far it also seem to be more stable for OC (less "Driver stopped responding and has recovered" messages :))

10. Valagard

Valagard Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    I can't find one bad thing with these drivers, everything works fantastically

11. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    Lucky you weren't around 12 years ago, you would have LOVED those drivers. Todays drivers are like a Ferrari compared to then, and I'm very appreciative of ATI and their driver team for offering me a card and drivers that allows me to do everything I want and then some, with FPS to spare. Couldn't ask for more.

But then again I have 12-14 years experience with ATI and nVidia to compare and contrast. I have to wonder though how many people can really end up with the same exact issue, even though they have tried like 2-4 different cards, and still think its the card/driver? Just because they put in a 3-4 year old card and that card works. So many problems that arise can be fixed with something that is totally unrelated. I've seen video card stutter problems be fixed with BIOS tweaks and settings that have nothing to do with video. Seems like a lot of people (not here but on review sites not in forums) have no experience with the inner workings of electronics, PCs, software, programming, ect. and other than reinstalling drivers have no clue what to do, or how to, troubleshoot and really tweak and manipulate their hardware for their system.`

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Most of the complaints about ATI's drivers come from either (a) their OpenGL support and (b) CrossFireX performance, that's why?

I had few problems with the drivers apart from AA-related ones until I bought my second HD 5870 and since then it's been a constant headache of poor support for new games such as Blur (now only runs on one GPU... gee, thanks, ATI!) and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (still slows down when the prince dies or you rewind under CrossFireX) and incompatibility/non-existent support for older games that really should have been fixed by now. For example, it's only in the last two months that ATI finally fixed CrossFireX support for both Red Faction Guerrilla and Saints Row 2 and I think that's only because I constantly moaned about it via their Catalyst Feedback Forms.

For a company that promotes CrossFireX, ATI sure the hell don't show much commitment to it. I mean how many months did it take them to fix Battlefield: Bad Company 2 issues (which for some people still is NOT fixed)? While not CrossFireX related, it was amusing to see ATI brag about performance improvements for Borderlands but further on in the same release notes they mentioned that the game is still prone to freezing/crashing!!! Nice one! :bang:

OK, OK, so ATI's drivers aren't exactly terrible per se but compared with NVIDIA, who are very quick to support new games (the SLI patch for the Lost Planet 2 Benchmark came out within hours for example) and even add workarounds for AA under DX10 in BioShock/BioShock 2, it's like ATI are still in the Dark Ages IMO. I mean five years after NVIDIA introduced per-game profiles to their drivers, ATI have still to add anything similar! I find it unbelievable personally that they aren't doing more to attract people to their graphics cards. Oh the hardware is terrific, I don't dispute that, but it counts for nothing if the drivers aren't up to scratch and, in my honest view, they are so obviously inferior to their rivals.

13. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Does anyone know if the new video playback options like 'apply current video quality settings to internet video' is in/working in this driver. It was in 10.8 beta5.

Thanks.