8.703 Feb.10/10 (Cat 10.x) Win7/Vista/XP

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    Yeah I know. But Paulo, do you also have those issues with Dirt2? I only have the feeling the menu's are smoother now, in DiRT2.

Btw, forcing v-syc via CCC, is still broken.

But my monitor goes back in sleepmode. :)

2. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Did they just fix the 3 months old issue of my lagging videos... *needs more testing*

3. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I always play dirt2 with vsync on, because my framerate never drops below 60 in game with max settings. In the menu, outside trailer is the only ocasion when the framerate drops to 40.
    I'm gonna try the game now and report back.

4. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    Yeah, I play with vsyc also on. Off it doesn't look smooth at all. 1920x1080 everything on highest settings and 8x AA, I also get 40 frames capped in trailerpark. Set crowd to high 60's. :)

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah, I noticed the frame rate dips outside the trailer using tessellated crowds. However here is the kicker, I've simply use medium for crowds because I've found absolutely no difference in IQ or animation between medium and high.

6. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    well farcry 2 runs about high 30s to 60's on max detail at 1920x1200 in dx10 for me :) Lowest i could get it to do was about 35 though..otherwise...high 50s-61.

7. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    still got the bloody mouse cursor bug.

8. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    I can happily report that BC2 runs better now, at least with single HD 5870 which I tried. The high settings, mainly HBAO are bugged because of the engine itself causing performance issues.

9. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    still got the bloody mouse cursor bug. with saphire 5850 card

10. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Flickering lights in Need for Speed: Shift are finally fixed. The game shows much better aliasing too. But performance still drops a lot in certain tracks when real mirror is active, playing in outside view camera.

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The only time I ever saw what bug is in Red Orchestra a UT2.5 engine game.. never seen it anywhere else. Do you get that in the desktop?

12. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    yeah its a desktop cursor error. I've had it with my 5850's on and off with a few of the ati drivers. I think its only with 5850's as far as i'm aware?..

Its fully annoying, makes it look like ur running ur desktop at 640 res.

Im gonna download this driver once i get home from work and give it a blast.

13. Solace

Solace Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Aah, MW2 flasbang bug is now fixed :)

awesome drivers :D

14. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    on official 10.1 everytime i exit photoshop it would crash saying something about ati, these fixed it so i will keep these until 10.2 or another leak :)

15. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

I have 2 x 5870s, and I get a contact 60fps with these drivers with even the dirt 2 game mod which really increases the tessellation. The secret in Dirt 2 if you are having problems is to lower the crowd down to "low" and lower the water setting down a notch.

Crowd --> Can't even distinguish it from ultra to low! It is a racing game, who really looks at the unrealitic crowd anyway?

Water --> The water splashing looks FAKE at the highest or the lowest quality setting so why not just crank it down a notch. If you are running the game in DX11, the water will still be tessellated but just not as much.

VSYNC, Triple-Buffering, 24xMSAA/16xAF, "ultra" ultra max in-game settings @ 950/1250 using ATT of course :banana:

If you have a CPU Bottleneck, that really can make a difference in DX10/DX11 titles. I see you have an i7 so I hope you AT LEAST have a 3.6Ghz OC with your 5970. Absolutely no less.

16. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    ye the cursor doubles in image,and it seems to happen when i browse the internet and as i write this its happenned again

17. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    What mouse do your have, what browser are you using, also in Control Panel in 'Ease of Access Center' do you have any of the options enabled, in Mouse Settings to you have 'Allow themes to change pointer' enabled and are you running any mouse software that came with your mouse?

That was a long winded question.

18. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    like these drivers so far(never had a prob and hope it stays that way) and CCC open way faster imo

19. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    no dont use any of software for the mouse, no to ease of access centre,I use internet explorer 8 (windows 7 x64) , and i use saitek GM 3200 mouse.

20. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    working great on empire total war here.