8.660 (Catalyst 9.10) 18/09/09

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    It doesnt run fine at all with 58xx hardware under dx10

black screens aswell as odd frame dropping issues * mines level is a complete nightmare with 8xaa16xaf 32fps or 36 with xfire enabled.

its a joke.

dx9 is fine though apart from the frames dropping issue.

2. Benke99

Benke99 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870 1GB
    Since the driver is the same, only CCC updated, there will be no difference in buggy games like Anno 1404, RE5 etc. I'm pretty sure that these aren't finals and that we hopefully get a better driver in 9.10 WHQL. October is when 58xx cards are starting to hit the market in mass volumes, and releasing a very good driver to go with them are equally important to AMD

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Drivers working great with the HD 5870. Played AION for 4 hours straight not a single flinch.

4. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Does Force Maximum Performance Clock works ?

5. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Works fine with my ati 3300!

Can updates on Avivo? more codec support?

6. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Force Maximum Performance Clock Doesnt Work :XX it does nothing when i click enable, just keeps on being disable.

nothing works with this driver,

the Force, the 2nd GPU Load so it only work when in game until you enter a game it will stay 0 , 0 on clock and ram, and some more.

EDIT : OMG it says CROSSFIRE Enable for World Of Warcraft :OOO

EDIT : GTA IV Too works with crossfire

EDIT : Ok this driver improve performance alot because of support of crossfire, but i wish there was the things i said before, the Force Clock doesn't work from the ATI icon from taskbar and the 2nd Gpu should be IDLE 0 Gpu clock 0 Memory Clock if there is nothing to show up if it's a movie or a game.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Where the (insert the F word here) is the new Anti-aliasing option?
    I think it is called Adaptive Anti-aliasing... i don't know.
    I saw it after a Windows Crash produced by me... i opened up the CCC and saw that.
    Now I'm in a fresh windows install and is not there anymore... what's up with that?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  8. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
  9. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    Yes, it did.

10. dudikaz

dudikaz Active Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX480
    no it didn't and this is not catalyst bug, same thing happens on nvidia cards as well [had gtx295 two weeks ago] and probably that why hdr=high option isn't officialy supported through game settings. however there's another bug in re5 which is catalyst bug - in dx10 mode + AA most of the cutscenes are not displayed = black screen with sound in background.

11. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    HDR=HIGH DX10 8XAA MOTION BLUR=ON

[​IMG]

12. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Dude, how do you have so much FPS lal XD Xeon is better than Q6600 3.0 ?:banana:

But the bug still THERE. Wait for LEVEL 2 right after the scene with the "I See you and zombies come to you" .

and you see it still craps with ugly sync 4 double screen monitors on same FPS.

13. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    Yep, you guy's are right again. I never let it run all the way thru. Just ussumed that since level one worked, that they all did.

14. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I get great performance on my game system with the new 5870, but my HTPC system with the 4850x2 has terrible performance in NFS Shift. And also, If I try to enable xfire in nfs shift, everything starts blinking/flashing. This happens to "Risen" as well. I havent playd Shift on the HTPC earlier, so this is the first time I see it. But ive read others having similar issues? Anyone know a driver that gives better performance in NFS SHIFT?? And a driver that does not make the game flash when xfire is enabled?

15. ivke76

ivke76 Member

GPU:
    4870x2@830/950
    Rename Risen.exe to Crysis.exe :)

16. pekka

pekka Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    does NFS shift work with these no black screen where one should create a save file?
    i have tried about everything
    older drivers and recent ones also different compability modes reinstalled it a few times nothing works :(

17. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Nah its the drivers for sure, in 9.7 or might been 9.6 it works 100%, but the performance ain't the best from those drivers since they were the first to be out when anno 1404 released.

Shame, I havn't touched anno 1404 since since the game runs pritty bad imo, and with never drivers ( runs better ) but still those annoying black boxes kills the experience :eek:neeye:

18. misterpro

misterpro Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 5870 Voltage Tweak
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  19. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Thanks, going to try these out on my new 4670

20. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    These drivers don't even work for my 4670, the 9.9 does, but the beta 9.10 does not. My card is not even supported lol. Oh well the 9.9 are working great.