8.11 8.12 & 9.1 No Crossfire Option

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ambushbug, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ambushbug

ambushbug Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS EAH5770 Crossfire
    An incompatible BIOS is exactly the issue. ASUS and Power Color were the cards having this problem. The difference is ASUS put out a new BIOS for their cards to fix the issue. Some people have flashed their cards to another manufacturers BIOS and it solved the problem for them.

2. Insuite

Insuite New Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 4850 512
    Hiya guys...

I am having the same problem...

I posted this on another forum before reading this discussion. The question I have is this...

My I45 board is PCI_E 16 with cfx @8, if that is the case, why does CF work everyonce ina awhile on my rig?

Upgraded just before Christmas and I am having trouble getting Crossfire going. it owrked last night (Crossfire logo on gamae sreen and BOTH cards running at the same temps) but tonight as most nights, it does not work. 9.2 installed on XP home SP3

Mobo Biostar TPower I45

Intel E8400

4GB Corsair XMS ddr2-6400

Corsair TX750 PSU

2x Saphire 4850 512Mb in CF (?)

CCC shows CF enabled but the hardware nfo screen shows Card 2 disabled.

Please help

Following up, a couple of the replies I have read elsewhere and they said it was a problem of the intel P45 chipset...

Insuite

3. ReDi

ReDi Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    Um, wasn't CF only available on Vista, not on XP?

4. ambushbug

ambushbug Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS EAH5770 Crossfire
    A technician at Cyber Power, where I bought the PC from, finally sent me a new BIOS for my video cards which solved the no Cross Fire option. It did bork my fan control option under CCC, but I use Riva Tuner so I can live with that. Hopefully he sends the BIOS to Power Color, the company that manufactured the card, because lord knows they were not any help.

5. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    If this is the case use the 8.10 package as your base backage and just update the driver files to the 9.2 (the B_xxxxx folder)

that way you can use the working 8.10 CCC and use the new 9.2 driver files. Altough your CCC info will still show the olb build number and old CCC build at least you will be able to install the working package with the latest 9.2 driver files

6. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    simple the fix is my young padawon...... take the damn cards back to where you bought em from along with a printout of where powercolour admit culpability and either change them for another manufacturer or get your money back and go elsewhere

7. darrenholb

darrenholb New Member

GPU:
    HD4850 crossfire