8.10 Final (8.541)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Oct 11, 2008.

1. FragFest

FragFest New Member

I'm using an HD38509 AGP and am pretty happy with these drivers i tried to run some games full out (all setting to max) and must say that fps does go up pretty much AND that annoying error (atimkdag) has dissapeared for me so i guess i'm sticking to these for a while

2. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Assus TUF 4090
    Still having problem in Brothers in arms with the level with "rain", then I get black screen, but the previous levels worked. Crysis warhead is fine in DX10 mode, but in DX9 mode when using the binoculars/zooming with sniper, the fps drops by 50% and stays like that until I quit the game or go to windows and back. Hope they will fix this soon.

3. Project2501

Project2501 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4870 DK TOP
    Drivers work great. Thanks

Still wondering how he keeps getting ahold of these... ;)

4. FastZ28

FastZ28 Active Member

GPU:
    Tri-Fire (4870/4870/4850)
    It is... Tried all the previous betas, but these do stand out, quite smooth. FPS are up, but more importantly it's very smooth everywhere, even IQ seems better (I have all Ultra-mods installed, 8XAA somehow seems better, 50" HDTV, reflections look great), thanks for the early post rflair!

5. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    Can you share how you got them to install for your AGP because they won't install on my pc.

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Same card, same OS...... guild wars works as with every other driver. just checked 5 seconds ago.

7. sutyi

sutyi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 OC 2GB
    Slapped up the good ol' 8.3s, works like clock work. ^^

8. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Thanks for your reply.
    I tested again yesterday, and the game crashes while loading an area if I leave vsync activated (in the game's graphic settings menu).
    I'll try to uninstall/clean/reinstall these drivers.

9. Gurid

Gurid Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire Radeon 4870
    I am using them, so far very nice!
    Didn't see that much improvements, but still very good!
    Worth trying for anyone.
    I can OC more, but don't get stuck or anything in benchmarks (like with 8.9)

10. ShadeZeRO

ShadeZeRO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275
    How did you get them installed?
    2ndly, which method of installation did you use?
    ---> Did you install them over the old drivers?
    ---> Or did you uninstall, driver clean, reinstall ?

Thanks ^_^

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    in ATT i cant set Flip Queue Size to Undefined..odd. :/

12. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    These drivers are facking magic for my rig. Works tremendously well.

BUT i just found out something, with Catalyst A.I on Advanced i get like 200 points more in 3dmark06 ... strange :3eyes:

But i SO recomend these ones, beautiful...

13. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people i have a small problem with these driver no matter what option i set the image scaling to i cant get dx10 games to run in full screen on my 1080p tv, i run at 1920x1080 and i get black lines all around my game and if i select any of the options it still stays the same ??

14. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Something to try, in CCC set your desktop resolution to 1920x1080x30i Hz, now go to the 'Scaling Options' sub-menu and adjust overscan till the black boarder disappears, apply the settings. Start a DX10 game just to make sure the boarders are gone there also. You can now set your desktop resolution back to 1920x1080x60 Hz. CCC should now also remember that any time it switches to a DX10 game to set the proper overscan.

I also use an HDTV as a monitor (42" Sharp Aquos 1080p), this works for me in DX10 games. Its an HDCP/HDMI thing that occurs in DX10 with a good majority of 1080p HDTV's.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i am again having those stutters in Stalker :(. Damn; i fixed my problems with prevoius driver... Why-o-Why :( . i think i return back to your previous driver :(

16. vurt

vurt Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    That's what the A.I does, makes performance better, tweaking things.. So that doesnt sound very strange imo..

17. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Assus TUF 4090
    And if you take advanced instead of standard, then you will get MUCH more points again...

18. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    These drivers are noticeably better for me in Call of Duty 4. Anybody who's doing Call of Duty 4 definitely will want these. Smoother and no more occasional flashing textures. The drivers became better actually with the ones Rflair had posted before these, the ones that we were supposed to install over the top of the others. But I did a clean install on these ones here.
    My system: Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 overclocked from 3.33GHz up to 4.01GHz, ASUS Maximus Extreme mobo, 2GB OCZ DDR3 CAS Latency 6, ATI 4870x2, Soundblaster Titanium, Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

19. Gurid

Gurid Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire Radeon 4870
    I wonder what will happen on 8.11 or 8.12 ;D
    Seem like ATI is making them better and better !

20. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    you might wanna reinstall guild wars too, if nothing helps. don't know what else to say sry.