7950GTX go (Where can I get it)

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by wavestylez, Jun 14, 2007.

1. wavestylez

wavestylez Member

GPU:
    HIS HD 4870 512MB
    I want to upgrade my 6600gt. Where can I get this card at a retailer or reseller? Any help is appreciated.

2. prescott

prescott Active Member

GPU:
    ATI/HD3650/512MB/1.5GBHM
    @wavestylez

First of all do you mean a desktop or a labtop version??Labtop graphic cards cannot be upgraded to newer ones as the 7950 GTX go is a laptop version,I think you mean the actual desktop version which is called differently.

Cheers.

3. prescott

prescott Active Member

GPU:
    ATI/HD3650/512MB/1.5GBHM
    a yeah before i forgett it,iam pretty sure you mean the mobile version so no there is no way for you to be upgrading. Alltough there is some hope coming from asus with is external XG station station just make a search for asus XG
    and then you will see the external grahpic unit which there is a geforce 7900GT inside that you can upgrade as well,as many people discussed that allready which gives everything a whole new horizon,should come within the next 3 months according to asus.

I think around 1 year or 2 years ago dell and alienware gave you the opportunity to upgrade the graphic cards inside your labtop but only for a limited time only.

For the external asus station you need though as far as the information of asus goes an pcie card slot which only the newer machines have

Hope I could help.If iam wrong please somebody correct me.

Greetings.

4. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Nope your right about the Asus XG Station. Only problem with the external video dock is that the bandwith is limited due to the laptop's ExpressCard slot. :beam:

Other manufacturers are also coming up with a similar concept/design. It's just the price that kills the deal. :puke3:

Mike.

5. prescott

prescott Active Member

GPU:
    ATI/HD3650/512MB/1.5GBHM
    Yes that is very true..But it seems that nothing is quicker at this moment,allthough i think it will do some very decent performance and that also other companies are planning something like that it will be just a matter of time till one company would may come up with a better solution then asus,that would be more bandwith friendly,allthough I allready think that now that the Asus XG station would perform better then any mobile GPU at this stage,that but might change with the all new nvidia G8M which is the 88xx series.

If only companies would really give the option to really exchange graphic cards,we've seen it with mobile cpus that they could be used in desktop's.

Why not doing something similiar,why would that be so much difficult??
    Couple more years to go and this thing should be in the past then hopefully.
    But the mobile sector is going allrdy now the right way giving maybe some smartheads of companies the idea that people really would want exchangeble graphic units in their labtops..

That just might be the kick we need for the next labtop evolution.

cheers.

6. wavestylez

wavestylez Member

GPU:
    HIS HD 4870 512MB
    I'm not too familiar with laptops, but is it possible that I could buy an oem 7950gtx and manually install it into my current laptop?

7. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    What laptop do you have?

Mike.

8. prescott

prescott Active Member

GPU:
    ATI/HD3650/512MB/1.5GBHM
    I am not sure if you dont tell us if you can do that.The other option would be that you could be doing is that whatever your manufucterer of your labtop is that you would give them a call and ask them if you can upgrade your graphic card to a new one.I think but iam not sure about that since all the new gpus are pcie express it could be that you really can exchange them.

What do you think solidblade??? I am sure that you can upgrade gpu's those days maybe.I might even give toshiba a call and ask them If i can upgrade my unit to a better one as the new Geforce 8700M GT has been released that has awesome specs! I really wanna have this card in my labtop.

Dont know though if that is possible.

Cheers

9. hummerkid13

hummerkid13 Active Member

GPU:
    nvidia e-GeForce 7950 GT 512 ocd
    do u guys know if the dell inspiron 8200 graphics interphase can be upgraded

10. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M