7950gt Agp Drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bram, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Bram

Bram Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 896MB
    Is there a driver available to download that is compatible with this card? I do not know how nor want to mess with modifying my own drivers but would like another option from having to install drivers off the CD that came with the card. Thanks :)

Specifically, I am interested whether this card is included in this driver
    ForceWare 101.09 XP 32-bit WHQL

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
  3. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    You are going to have to edit the .inf for any driver you want to use, so far the only drivers I have been able to just straght install were the crap ones on the driver disk that came with the card. It's only 2 lines that need added, it's not hard, especially after you do it 5 or 6 times...lol

4. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 295 OC
    Add the following to nv4_disp.inf:

Under [NVIDIA.Mfg], add:
    %NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_02E4.1% = nv4_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02E4

Under [Strings] (Localizable Strings), add:
    NVIDIA_BR02.DEV_02E4.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT"

5. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I think he knows how to do it, he just doesn't want to have to do it, it can be a pain...lol

6. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Bah lazy people, takes me under 1 minute. :) Copy + paste!!

7. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I don't even have to do that, I've memorized the lines and where they go, I can type them in faster than it took me to type this response.

8. Bram

Bram Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 896MB
    Ok, thanks. I guess it looks like I will edit the inf of a set of drivers then. I don't actually get the card until Thursday but just wanted to prepare :)

Could I just add the lines to my 93.71 drivers I have installed and plug the card in or is it advisable to install new drivers with a new card?

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  9. blunden

blunden Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 Ti
    You should pretty much always use the latest drivers available. So yes, it would probably work but it's not recommended.

10. Bram

Bram Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 896MB
    Well I am at work and was curious so I downloaded the 101.09 driver and discovered it is quite easy to modify the .inf file :) Thanks for the help, although now I will probably be stuck testing out all the most recent drivers rather than gaming.

11. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Just pick a driver that you like now, as long as it is not too old, and modify it's .inf, and go from there. That's what I did, then after awe settles down from the awesomeness of the new card, then start changing drivers around to find what works the best.

12. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Hi, if you use the modified inf file, does the card still show as unknown in the classic control panel?

13. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Yes, but it's no big deal.

14. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Ok, thanks. Which drivers give you the best performance. I have been having difficulty with the supplied drivers. Half-Life 2 and all other Source games are recommending settings lower than my 6800gt. It seems like abilities of the card are not being reported correclty. I am also not getting the speed increase I thought I would. Although the card seems to overclock extremely well

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  15. TeaEtchSee

TeaEtchSee Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950gt (Winfast a400gt RIP)
    I dont know y but this Card keeps Shuting oFF my PC on GUild Wars!!!

16. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    I have noticed that I was sent the incorrect version of the card. I ordered the 1.3GHz memory version, but was sent the 1.2GHz version. So I am returning the card. But in the time I had the card installed, I found all Half-Life 2 based games do not automatically detect any video settings higher than my 6800GT, actually lower settings are detected. Doom 3 actually plays no faster, ran the default timedemo. I have run various other graphics benchmarks, and they all show results twice as fast as the 6800GT, but I am not seeing this speed in the games I play. Is this due to the poor driver support or are these cards actually not that good, or was the 6800GT too good?

17. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I haven't had any problems with benchmarks or games. The 6800GT was a good card, but I went from a 7800GS to a 7950GT and I have noticed a big improvement in performance.

BTW: I am currently using 94.24 in XP.