7900GS GO Need Help please!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Garandhero, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Garandhero

Garandhero Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 7900GS Go
    Hey,
    So I have a Dell E1705 laptop with a 7900GS GO, and recently (past week) my graphics card has been heating up alot! Im using the drivers recommended on nvidia.com for this Card (although they are quite old).

So to describe the problem. Basically, If I try to run 2 instances of EVE-Online, My temperature Sky Rockets to like 77degrees Celsius, and I get artifacts in 1 of the instances of the game. This has never happened before, usually I can run several instances without problem.

Secondly, Often, When I switch User and close my Monitor down, when I come back my system has Stopped. BSOD and crashed and theres a message refering to a Hardware Failure but no STOP Message, no number sequence. This happened about 5 times now.

Anyway, please help - please link and suggest new drivers If I need them - and please please tell me that my video card isnt dead/burnt out.

Thanks Much.

2. King Lui

King Lui Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Go 7900GS 256MB
    put on some older drivers that you knew was stable.
    see what happens.

3. Garandhero

Garandhero Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 7900GS Go
    Well, ive been using the drivers for since last July - never had problems till now... Ive been using
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_mobile_84.63.html

the 84.63 Driver - and that HAS Worked fine up till now.. - So please advise. and also tell me, Does it mean my graphics card is destroyed? I mean how do i know its not damaged... The computer still starts up fine and can run my games and stuff so i dont think it is - but bleh please help.

4. King Lui

King Lui Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Go 7900GS 256MB
    pop your keyboard off and check that its clear of dust....when i get home i'll check mine and see what the temps are at and what drivers i'm running.
    i have basically the same laptop.

5. Garandhero

Garandhero Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 7900GS Go
    Alright m8 - Ill check for dust, get back to me with your info.

But what say you about my Laptop being wrecked? I mean If the video card was destroyed I wouldnt be able to start it up right?

6. Garandhero

Garandhero Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 7900GS Go
    How do u take the keyboard off?

7. Garandhero

Garandhero Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 7900GS Go
    Also are there any fan control programs that could increase the cooling on my card? maybe help the problem? I dont care about battery power since im always plugged into the wall.

8. King Lui

King Lui Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Go 7900GS 256MB
    i'm using this program to cool my lappy
    http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html
    my current drivers are 84.29
    to take the keyboard out...put your screen all the way open. you'll see a little indent on the trim above the keyboard on the right. with a small screw driver, pop that whole piece off and there are 2 screws... take them out and slide the keyboard out...you should then be able to blow any dust away.

9. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M