7870 black screen issue confirmed by AMD-Sapphire offers modified replacement cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Pill Monster, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB
    Which country is the RMA address? Do I have to pay shipping even though it will cause me to have no computer at all for many weeks? The way I see it sapphire should be paying ME for this downtime and possibly ****ed up studies, just because they decided to use some cheap capacitors on my card.

2. maRss

maRss New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 Oc (in RMA)
    Hi,

for Europe the address is in Czech Republic and yes, the first shipping is on you.
    They ask you to send the bare board, without bundle, cables or retail box, so I guess they only send back refurbished or repaired cards.
    If that's not enough, you have to wait two weeks after they received the faulty board before the "new" one is shipped... so it will take no less then three /four weeks for the whole process.

3. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    I did get some Voltage issues with my 6970 from Sapphire but they just provided me a Older Bios and that did fix it. Have they not tried something similar with the current affected models?

4. Genesis

Genesis Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    I RMA'ed with Sapphire through my retailer, they send back a new card(Different SN, latest BIOS). But apparently they issue isn't fully fixed even with the latest production batch, as I still experience the exact same blackscreen issue, while other cards perform fine in my system. Going to be forced to switch to nVidia now.

5. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    So i received my card and it's a brand new one in a box. Unboxed it and tested until i had a BS but i overclocked the card because the oc would accelerate the process.
    Im' still testing further as the oc pushed the vgpu to 1.21 which is a bit high i think.
    I lowered it to 1.18 with a GPU oc of 1080 Mhz and and no special issues but BSOD or exe crash (Far Cry 3).
    It could be the end of problem but i'm not sure. Will report any other news asap.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012