7800GTX 512 MB clocked at 550/1800 MHz

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Anarion, Nov 1, 2005.

1. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i did think about it being a test bed, but if it is, ati is taking a huge chance by counting on a development chip as a mass product.

2. Solid Snake 007

Solid Snake 007 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gffx 5950 ultra
    XFX GeForce 7800 GTX 512MB working at 580/1730MHz!?
    Written by Delph1 03 November 2005 18:56

GeForce 7800 GTX 512MB will most likely be launched in about a week and even if we haven't seen any official information about the card's frequencies some new information has sirfaced that indicates that we are talking about one major frequency jump. At ******* they've gotten their hands on a BIOS for XFX's GeForce 7800 GTX 512MB graphic card and this BIOS reveals the cards frequencies, both memory and GPU.

Frequencies:
    - 3D : 580/1730MHz
    - Throttle : 500/1730MHz
    - 2D : 275/1730MHz

The least to say impressive and considering that the BIOS is available for download this seems to be a relatively reliable source. They also claim to have a photo of XFX's card, and if it is correct nVidia will use the same cooler for GTX 512MB as with its Quadro FX4500, in other words dual slot cooling which might be a must at these speeds.

bron: http://www.nordichardware.com/news,2317.html

3. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I hope nvidia does not use that cooler. The X1800XT is far better in regards to being able to be side by side (sli) and pull air from the ends of the card rather than from the middle where there is no air. I really hope they are singe slot solutions, I mean before mine was watercooled I never hit 60c anyway. To me there is room for more in that cooler.

4. r3g

r3g Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270x
    there must be some reason the cooling on that card is the way it is for a reason... just like ATI has theres the way they do

5. keikdasneek

keikdasneek Guest

I wonder how far these bad boys will overclock!

6. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Will that card be based on a 90 nm process ? Anybody knows ?

I'm hoping for that.

7. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well, from what I've read this new card that's supposedly coming out this month is still on the old fabrication process. This 90nm fab card that you are talking about is supposedly coming out first quarter next year. I'm not sure if I believe this new card is on the old fab process since they are upping the GPU clock speed so much, but if it's true then the 90nm card must be a hell of a beast.

8. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I had my card (under water) at 580 (+40 delta) and it did get artifacts, however it still managed to finish 1 run of 3d Mark 05. I think they just upped the voltage to the core to keep it stable. With that heatpipe cooler the added voltage (heat) is taken care of.

The cooler on this card looks like a big XP-120 or something, probably better than water cooling:p

9. AT39

AT39 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVga nVidia 7600GT PCIe
    I for one will most likely not be upgrading any of my components until Socket M2 is out for AMD, graphics card support DirectX 10 or equivilent and Windows Vista is released. After all of these conditions are met I will be build my uber gaming computer. As a side note, I will be buying the Windows Vista Ultimate Edition or equivalent, jsut for the novelty.

10. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    A test bed wouldn't make ATi lose tons of money on production and marketing. Which is exactly what they've done with the R520. They've spent well over a year developing it through research, manufacturing, testing, respins, and marketing. To release the R580 now would cripple their R520 sales and dig them into a deeper hole than they are already in.

Only thing ATi can do if Nvidia releases a G70 clocked at 550/1800 is to increase the R520's core clock to 825/1800. Getting faster ram and slapping them on the R520 is easy, but the hard part will be getting the core up to 825mhz.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005

11. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    Anyone wondered why Nvidia released the G70 with such low memory clocks and core clocks? No competition. Now with some nudge from ATi, we finally see what the G70 can do. ;)

12. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Loks like we'll have to upgrade soon... :)

13. r3g

r3g Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270x

woot (call mom for money =D )

14. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    omg is the 6800gt 256mb still a good choice to buy?

15. Brettbeck

Brettbeck Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX7800GTX
    I think it's a good idea if they are cheap enough. When I had my 6600GT, I went to my cousines house in Manchester (to see other side of family) and the 6800GT (Gainward GS) my cousine had looked awesome performance to me then.

16. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    hmmm, nvidia is a bit *dumb* to say no to agp :(

17. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    Not really. The biggest consumer of new graphics cards is system builders and they will all be producing PCI-E systems now. At the top end most people after the very fastest and quickest performance will have of already upgraded to PCI-E motherboards (with support for the very fastest CPUs and likely (for those that must have the fastest machine known to man) SLI too). AGP is a obsolete technology, that probably still makes sense to support with entry and mid level products (which I guess the 6800GT is now) but not high end.

18. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    but still, there are alot of customers complaining about it. So Nvidia would make a right decision if they will make 7 series agp versions too :)

19. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    I doubt that a lot is enough to off-set the cost of converting the PCB to AGP and of those that are complaining I doubt all of them would be rushing out to buy one if they were made available.

20. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    It'd make my computer upgrade a whole lot less expensive, I wouldn't have to resinstall windows ( new motherboard ) and if my card screws up, I can always plop in an old one as a backup. As obsolete as AGP is, it's steal easily fast enough to support these new cards at full speed, as there is ALOT of bandwidth there, people just think having exceedingly large amounts of bandwidth that their card will never utilize will make it run faster. I would find a series 7 card in agp a god send. I really have to question nVidias numbering system though, why not have the 7800GTX as the 6900GTX, it makes alot more sense to me, as there isn't any 6700GT or 6300 TC, it really just seems the 7800 series was there to finish off the X800 series, an upgrade to the 6800s. And it's known that these cards are just rebuilt 6800 cores ( more efficient pipes ).