7800 GS AGP is coming

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ZeroAndOne, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    The 1600 has actually 4 pixel pipelines. Each can process 3 instructions instead of 1 (or something like that)
    So it's bottlenecking itself.

2. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    something like that, either 4 rops, or four pipes with three shaders each.. it isnt a full 12x1 architecture any way you put it, and on the memory, the 6600GT has 128 bit stuff too, and clocked lower then on the radeon, so something must be really ****ed in that core

as for the 7800GS, rumor was that feb 2nd would be the release date, and eVGA and XFX would be on board (maybe more brands, but those two names were in the report)

3. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    On the latest cards, Ati needs higher clockspeeds than nvidia to have the same speed.

4. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    there is a belgian shop listing the 7800gs agp for €335(about £330), no specs except for 256mb gddr3, but that was expected :)
    they say it will be in stock in the beginning of february

edit: linky
    if its coming in februari, i would think that hilbert will have one incoming for review, would be a nice thing to see it stack up to 6800gs agp.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006

5. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    "Yeah thats true. As long as it isn't over £200 then I can see it selling well. If it is over £200 then hmm I don't know. You could change you system to PCI-e whilst still running a decent card like the x850XT for cheaper"

i think it will be more than that my bet is between 250-300

6. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    holy crap, 335 euros :| no way im spending that much...

anyway, well see when it launches, but for 335 you can have a 7800GT, which has considerably better specs, and for that i would go PCI-e

7. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i agree that 335 is too steep, but i always buy my hardware in germany, way cheaper than here in belguim :D

8. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    i oughta try that too, ive looked into it as well, and seems like my fav webshops german devision (alternate.nl/be/ge whatever) also ships to holland... might put that to some nice use

9. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    if you would like to know prices in germany, here is the german price compare site i use.

10. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    thanks, i just checked alternate.de, which was rather shocking, the range of stuff they have is huge compared to the dutch site, and prices are very low, im just not sure if they ship to holland, and if i order something expensive and customs gets ahold of it... its tax time :(

11. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    you dont have to pay anything for customs if you buy from germany, both holland and germany have signed the schengen agreement. the only thing is transport costs, and those are pretty good. i paid €20 to ship a mobo and cpu to my home.