77.50 sucks in IL2/PF !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by VonKuno, Jun 14, 2005.

1. VonKuno

VonKuno Member

GPU:
    Palit GF 6600GT
    ;) Sorry for starting with such a thread title, but after reading such a lot of positive reviews about this set of drivers, I´ve just gotta give a warning to the flightsimnuts: in IL2/Pacific Fighters (with unofficial ptach 4.0m) there´s a transparency/texture - problem in perfect mode with newer drivers (look here ! ). This problem problem occured with 77.13 and are not solved with 77.50. Best driver for IL2/PF sem to be 71.25. :cool:

2. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    There is already a thread about 77.50, why not just post your comment there. No need for a new thread.

3. VonKuno

VonKuno Member

GPU:
    Palit GF 6600GT
    Hi Nowhere!

Thought about it, but that 77.50 thread is about 8 pages by now, with mostly enthusiastaic opinions concerning Performance on FPS-shooters. Look at the tests done: normally that´s Far Cry, Cs, etc ... Grafically intensive games like Il2/FB or LockOn are seldom found in user reviews. Therefore i find it legit to make this post on the 77,50
    a new thread. For me it´s not interesting, if BF2 is all hell with 7x.xx, when this driver sucks in IL2.

:cool: Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

4. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

Thanks for the info VonKuno.

I'm a flight sim junkie, and was gonna test these drivers tonight.. But seems there's no need to, if they screw my favorite games.
    Thanks for saving me the trouble. :thumbup:

5. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    agree with poster, this is imo a legit post.

And yes, for IL2 FB 71.25 is the best but i do play other games so 71.25 is no longer an option for me to use.

Sad that Nvidia cant fix all these problems.

6. Vali Carpati

Vali Carpati Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 7300GT Gs GLH
    Dudes try 76.10 ;)

7. Toxic Worrier

Toxic Worrier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Im really lovin the 77.13 with Il2+FB+PF Maybe it's the 4.01 official patch that makes the difference..I've tried 71.25, 76.50, but I'm keepin 77.13....the smoothest driver for me, and it got even smoother with the new patch. badass looking new clouds....
    and thanks for the warning Vonn.......:D