700.000 iPads bought on day one

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
  2. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Well knock the first one off. Its only valid for a month or two. Apple is waiting for the release of iphone 4 and multi-tasking will come with it (though many won't use it). Regarding Linux, Apple doesn't support linux, they have Windows versions of Safari, iTunes but not linux. And this is not a problem for many. I was talking on the whole so Linux is not a major problem.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    damn i saw a palce that sells ipad..32Gb wifi 3G = 1000 euros..damn..i need one..especially for my job...

4. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    You need an ipad for your job??

The ipad is a toy IMO!

5. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Necro is cool.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    This is a great alternative to the ipad and is superior to it in every possible way, oh yeah and it can make calls & send sms messages, has flash & supports multitasking...

It's a Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab. Link - http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_p1000_galaxy_tab-3370.php

It's out later on this month...

It has a 7" screen, 3.5mm audio out, 32gb storage, 512 ram, 1ghz processor, PowerVR SGX540 graphics chip, 4000 mAh & runs on Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo) :)

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  7. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    no, you just need to spend the money on a fad, but it is ok, i also wanted a Leon Cupra lol, that is how balkans are... buy expensive **** and do not want it after a short time

8. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I still think putting a phone OS on a tablet is ****ing stupid. And lazy. Top optimize its usefulness it needs its own OS.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ I would agree whole-heartedly. Too bad this is "our way or the highway" Apple we're talking about here.

Honestly, to each their own, but I find this device totally stupid. I have an Iphone and love it, but playing with the Ipad I was left scratching my head as to who is dumb enough to spend on this thing when there are a host of other device out there now that look and perform better, have better functionality and support, and cost less..

Take Kanej for example, he's right.. Samsung Galaxy should be first on the list or top three at very least. Ipad is simply outmatched, but I guess just try and convince an apple fanboy with a raging hardon for Ipad of anything like that..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    lol...i alreayd use my iphone bigtime in my job as contractor. accessing all kind of office files, images especially and PDF files. i create autocad drawings to pdf files and use them at construction yard.. and most of the time i open my laptop/tablet pc Hp Tx1300ET and make little presentation on foot in the construction of the villas we build to sell...images, presentations, datas..all of my work...

in my opinion, ipad can do these too hu?

11. tyxeros

tyxeros Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080
    I am the owner of an ipad 32GB wifi version. I am from Greece and i bought it during a one-week trip to New York. I am an IT guy and among others i definitely hate Apple and their products ... as i am a more practical person rather than a gadget man.
    My mobile phone is a plain phone Philips X620 and the only reason i bought it was because the battery holds for 2 full weeks with very low signal at the area that i live.
    But i had a feeling that the ipad would be something usefull to me .. the first major use was of course inside tha plane on the way home. The 11 hour trip of the return wasn't boring at all. With plenty of movies , and unlimited music.... the battery lasted beyond my expectations while everyone else with their laptops or their phones ,were struggling with their batteries or the small monitor of their phones.
    In the everyday life i use it mostly for internet browsing , and keeping pdf manuals for varius equipment and of course hearing music during my work... I can use it with Skype so i can talk to my friends, and some times a play a few games. Its light enough to keep it in bed before i sleep , say a word to my friends through messenger and have a last look at Guru3d before i sleep.
    So before i bought it the plan was to sell it back home after i was getting bored with it but that didn't happened. I will keep it as much as it lasts. At least i hope Apple to make reliable products.
    Of course i wish that it could have a few more things... For example FLash Player to watch live streaming videos... that would awesome... and a webcamera could definately fit inside... Others may have more expectations but these are fine with me...

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI

Very interesting story. thanx for sharing with us. The LACK of things about ipad and iphone is shame..especially flash...and a webcam would be nice in ipad :).

Besides it looks thin, and mobile..light weight than my Hp tx1300et..indeed my Hptx1300et has usb, Windows 7 and webcam..its great..but it starts slow, its already not very fast, its screen is responsive true, but in battery mode its performance is too weak.

i really want ipad but i cant afoord it right now. i want to buy an iphone 4. i accept iam like tech gadgets but iam not that kind of person who doesnt touch the other functions of the device. i use iphone at all aspects.

Especaiily DROPBOX app is very useful to me in my job :)

13. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
  14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Hey.... some people just NEED to have Apple's next big thing. I just never saw it. Yes... i have an iPhone.... but only because it's a fantastic phone. Excellent support... plenty of apps for damn near anything. But right from the get-go, i've said i'll NEVER... EVER own an iPad. I'd rather not have a 10" iTouch with Apple's typical "Use our file formats or f*ck off" policy. I mean hello.... earth to apple.... there's a file format that damn near EVERYBODY uses and is the most commonly used format around.... it's called a .avi file.

And it's pretty sad for a device when the latest news about it is "iPad+Velcro".... on APPLE'S site. Seriously? I find it quite ridiculous. Not just the news article actually mattering to Apple.... but the idea that people would actually think "Hey, let's put a patch of velcro on the back of our $400+ device, and also put accompanying patches all over the house so we can have mediocrity wherever we go in the house!"

It'll be an Archos 7o internet tablet for me.... and the 250GB one at that. That's the other thing i can't figure out with people...... paying an insane amount of money for next to nothing. Yes.... i will admit... this is the ONE TIME Apple has beaten Archos to the punch.... but only due to the capacitive touchscreen. But... now that Archos has that too on their 7" and 10" Android tablets.... it yet again makes Archos appear to be the better choice. And they support a boatload more A/V format's, too. Not to mention having a built in HDMI port for connecting it directly to the TV.... a USB port that i believe acts as both the charging port, and can allow external devices to be connected directly to it for transfering files... and *gasp*.... a BUILT-IN STAND! Not to mention i always found the audio quality in Apple's devices to be well below that of Archos... be it with built-in speakers or even with headphones.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I remember a long ass time ago, I made a thread about having a device to carry with me when I do photoshoots besides a netbook/laptop. The only device was some kind of photo viewer for almost a thousand. Then I was anticpating the iPad, but I dunno, I dont think it would be of any use to me because I need something with a USB connection to go directly to the camera or at LEAST an SD reader built in and Samsung Galaxy at least has that. Its pretty expensive though, so I might just ignore it too. I dont need a tablet to use the internet or watch movies when I have my phone, I just want it as a tool to preview pictures on the road.

Here's an interesting flow chart to find out whats right for you.
    [​IMG]

16. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    yes... it does exactly the same things, it also uses the same size sim as iphone, but it is not compatible, it needs it's own sim for data plans and i do not know if you can call anyone... just use it for 3G. If you do this on the iphone already, why you need it? just for the screen size?

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Yes just for SCREEN SIZE.. i need a screen presentation and accessing data...even MAPS is useful to me. to show my customers in a bird view of the area.
    i do it already with my HP TX 1300ET tablet laptop pc. but its not efficient interms of speed and performance..and its heavy and hard to hold for a time.:wanker:

and iam thanking to FULLMTL for that image..very helpful.

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I like hiatus Archos tablets aren't even on that flowchart... Even though they"re probably the better option, and probably exactly what you'd be looking for, FULMTL. Like I said... I'm probably getting the Archos 7o 7" tablet with a 250gb hard drive and runs Froyo, with an MSRP of around $350

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    ok then, wanted to say about eee pc but it is another story.
    good luck finding a good deal on the ipad tough

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    ... It doesn't have a headphone plug? Wtf? And here I thought that a lack of standard ports such as USB was madness. Anyone who buys one of these is a douche.

Edit: If Wikipedia is to be believed, it does have a standard headphone port - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad#Audio_and_output

Though it says it's on the top left corner, it would make sense to put it on the bottom. :3eyes: