7.11 AGP Performance!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dabooga, Nov 21, 2007.

1. MJay27

MJay27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5
    I had some strange major unplayable Graphic corruptions in Crysis when i used the 7.11 and the ATI Tray Tools. I uninstalled everything and Installed the normal CCC Version then everything was alright.

Has anyone experienced this also on a AGP system?

2. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Master Guru

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    hi i just went from 1950 pro pci-x card, to a 8800 gt and i can tell you that in many many games the 1950 pro 512 is still a viable card, except for frame rates the IQ from those cards is still quite good.
    Im not here to yodel about my new 8800 gt but to say that 1950 pro is not outdated by a long shot.
    Didnt think id ever go back to Nvidia i feel a little guilty, but hey... i couldnt find a 3870 anywhere!

3. SANAFABICH

SANAFABICH Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X1950pro AGP 512 MB
    thanks, but what part of "AGP performance" in the title you didn't understand? (just kidding)

4. btgman

btgman Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800M GTX
    Yeah, tried disabling VPU recover. Sorry for going off topic ... it's a problem with VIA chipsets and all ATI cards, apparently. I've tired all the fixes , including disabling VPU recover but they've not worked. It's not that bad can play it quite well unless I go into any water lol. Will get a decent ASUS board with a an Intel chipset when I upgrade my Grahics card to PCI-E next year.

5. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    found this bit of info for the AGP users:Sir,

As AGP became obsolete (due to the PCI-e card), the driver supporting AGP will be update 4 times a year (every 3 months).

To be honest, it was said that the 7.11 should suport AGP, and it hasn't, so I can't tell you for sure if the next catalyst, 7.12, will support AGP, even if it should.

The company policy, though, is to keep supporting it, on a 3months basis.

Thanks & regards.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=89852&enterthread=y

for more on other probs people are having, look here http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=279&forumid=11

I'm a pci-e owner and I feel AGP owners are getting the shaft, why produce AGP cards if they're gonna drop support to 4 times a year? There is still people in the market who for whatever reasons want AGP and to ignore them is idiotic. Sorry for my rant and being off topic.

6. GIGA12345

GIGA12345 New Member

GPU:
    ATI Saphire X1600 PRO AGP 256MB
    not working? how old are you? mabe 5years old-look at your card and just go to the Nvidia drivers section:bunch:

7. Shuffl@

Shuffl@ Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5870M
    7.12 on my agp x1950pro works perfectly.

no obvious differences

8. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    i red somewere that there isnt support for agp cards anymore, but i suggest you guys all use Omega drivers i believe they he also added support for agp in his newest ati driver

9. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Yeah that is exactly what I am doing, using Omega 7.10 and they work with no problems :D

10. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    Omega Drivers are the only ones that I've tried of the later Drivers that install on mine (7.11 on win XP, 7.10 on win 2k pro).

The graphics are much improved in some modern games compared to my x800 pro but I'm not overjoyed with the performance.

11. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    i thought there was a choice when installing omega drivers: Perforcmance or Quality but that was long time ago dont know if its still that way