7.1 sound coming from the wrong channels

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by gsxrjunkie, Mar 23, 2012.

1. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    i have a x-fi extreme gamer card and 7.1 creative gigaworks s750 sub and s700 speakers,the sound is not going to all the right channels,the front left,the center and front right channels work right,on the back of the sub where the speaker cables plug in there marked for which channels,if i plug in my right rear speaker cable into the plug labeled rear right there is no sound out of the rear right speaker,and the same way for side speakers.
    the thx setup console has the option for speaker configuration where you click each speaker channel and that speaker will make a noise.ive unplugged all the speaker cables and did one at a time the only ones working correct are front l,rear r and center.why is this happening?

2. frizbee

frizbee Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6870 2GB
    This happened to me also. No clue why. I finally just sold the card on e-bay and bought a newer version. I'm guessing the drivers went haywire with this older card.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    "ive unplugged all the speaker cables and did one at a time the only ones working correct are front l,rear r and center."
    Do you mean the only speakers that work, or do you mean the other soundcard outputs dont give anything out?
    If you have tested the speakers on working channels and they give no output, they (or the amp/cables) either need repair or replacing.

If the speakers are ok, try changing to 5.1 (in the driver) and then back to 7.1, this may reset the problem.
    If the problem persists, see if the 5.1 setting works ok.

4. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    the speakers are ok,like if i plug in the rear right the sound may come from the rear left or side left or side right,

ive tried 5.1 also same thing
    would getting a newer soundcard work

btw im using pax modded drivers,

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Depends on the problem.
    Try the latest official driver.

6. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti 2055/16.2Ghz
    In my opinion, Daniel K's are still much more efficient all around than creative's commercial drivers and PAX modded drivers.

I would get crashes in games using PAX drivers i usually didn't get with Daniel K's.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You need to isolate the issue, as to if it is the card or the speakers.
    You can get sound out of the speakers but still have an issue with a connection.

Try enabling your onboard and use that for a test for your speakers.
    You could try pulling the drivers and installing a new set and perhaps that may fix the issue.