6970 overclock

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pixeldk, Dec 11, 2011.

1. pixeldk

pixeldk Member

GPU:
    6970 Sapphire
    Hallo peoples...

I have a Sapphire 6970, and i was wondering if any here have the same card and have overclocket it.. Can you please post specs and maybe if you raised voltages.

I want to know if my clocks right now (so far) are safe. Right now i'm running
    950Core clock
    1420 om memory clock
    Standard voltages.

Any help?

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    The clocks are going to be safe as long as temps are in check, don't overvolt past certain limits and you ensure the card isn't artifacting/glitching under load.

The clocks are quite good for stock voltage and should be quite safe, as voltage, well anything up to 1.3v is considered safe as long as temps are under control. You could possibly try pushing it closer to the 1Ghz mark with a little voltage bump.

3. pcgamers

pcgamers Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080Ti FE
    I also running my sapphire HD6970 at 970MHz and Memory clock at 1400MHz now at stock voltage. looks like it can handle itself pretty well with all benchmarks that i throws at it.

I'll try to up the voltage and GPU clock later and share the results soon.

4. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire "6970" 980/1400
    Those clocks are good, but nothing to worry about as far as pushing the limits.

One of my unlocked reference 6950's has hit over 1100MHz kombustor/occt stable.