1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6970 Delayed?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by angmar, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Drazio

Drazio Banned

GPU:
    FVCKING
    Ah yeah typo but, still the same equation.

and yes...everything said by anyone up until today has been bullsh!t...there's finally a GTX 580 review up..but still the hd 6970 has yet to be released so expect tons of bs flying through the air until then :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
    i think these will be by far the fastest single gpu out there but will also be the most expensive i might buy 2 or 3

3. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    i also.....

4. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980 Ti WF
    but is it a delay or have amd seen the benching of the 580 and thought no point might as well let nv have the crown for a few weeks more them bang back to amd lmao

5. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    from the looks of the benches of the gtx580, if the cayman xt can deliver on its 37% faster than 5870, then it should match the 580 in some games.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    This article on Bit-tech.net *here* says that rumours suggest that the HD 6970 scores 23,499 3DMarks in 3DMark Vantage and average 36.6 fps in Unigine Heaven at 1920x1200 with 4xAA and tessellation on (presumably set to Extreme although it doesn't say that).

Seems that is very similar to the GTX 580 from what I can gather and a massive leap over the HD 5870 which scores 19,337 3DMarks and 17.3 fps respectively. If that Unigine Heaven score is correct then AMD have finally made a DX11 card with decent tessellation performance that matches NVIDIA's cards.

7. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    hey so by delayed you mean it wont release december this year?

8. Ourasi

Ourasi Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    No it won't be released in december, it will at the latest get released 29. of november. Even with FUD's negative spin and unfounded rumors of late, they still can produce a hint of truth every now and then: http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/item/20812-cayman-hd-6970-to-launch-november-29th

Subtract the normal FUD, and you get to 22th..

The shadercount seems to, again, be said to be 1920sp: http://translate.google.no/translat...w.chiphell.com/thread-137198-1-1.html&act=url

Me thinks this will be a short life in the spotlight for the GTX580 as the nr. 1....

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea that leaked info was posted back in early october, Unigine benchmark used extreme tessellation, vantage scored 24.499P not 23.499

remember this thread :D
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=327978

it looks like all might be true.. like i said it once, AMD leaked 2-3 most "wanted" benchmarks and said: look this is what its capable of, wait for final product end novemeber!

true he's very anti amd lately; as soon as i saw that info i said hm another fud bs a.. bingo lol :D

according to HH, nothing changed and its still on track this year.,

im not surprised about 1920sp, i had a good felling its gonna be like that since the first time i heard about this 4d thing - its equal to old 3200sp (5d/way alu)on 5970 :nerd:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    This rumours probably been started by Nvidia, as do you really think AMD would make a mahoosive die the size of the 480's, that they are going to struggle to make due to terrible yields, when they've seen Nvidia doing exactly that for over a year, yup, course they are. :p

EDIT: Just found this.

Apparently there could be a hold up, but its nothing to do with yields, its apparently a component from Texas Instruments.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-radeon-hd-6970-delay-due-to-component-shortage-launch-date-to-be-re-confirmed/10276.html

11. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    ok guys thx alot, i cant wait for the card to hit shelves so i can finally buy a card that is worth it as upgrade over hd4870 :D

12. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    For what i have understand if we follow the AMD slides, 6990 Antilles ( dual Cayman gpu ) is moved to 01/2011 .... when 6950-6970 will show surely the 22th November..
    But we are speaking about the slides presented on AMD Analyst day and i think they was mostly speak about Availabily in shop ... not "launch"...

It's not really a surprise, as it was allways said the 6990 will come after the 6970, surely in december and the dual gpu is generally allways released 1-2 month after the "single gpu high end card".... I think they allways make a choice when ramping the production yield on what card should be pushed in priority... as we are speaking about Xmas period, it's not impossible they count sell a lot of 6950-6970, and want to use the Cayman dies on them instead on the dual gpu's.. Now with this Texas Instrument " DrMos " shortage problem ... this can explain why the 6990 is moved.... They will likely use the TI parts on the good seller first, and be able to launch the 6970 at time.

13. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    hmm, if its a ti instruments component thats causing the delay, no doubt there will be shortages of the 6990 as well.

i still have my doubts about the 1920sp thing. if it had 1920sp, i would expect it to perform slightly faster than the leaked benches, but i guess it really depends on what clock speeds they'll be running at.

cant wait for a non-reference cayman xt. hopefully theres an msi hawk edition or a sapphire toxic edition coming out soon.

14. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    AMD has a different excuse ;)

Code:
    Demand for the ATI Radeon HD 5800 series continues to be very strong, 
    the ATI Radeon HD 5970 remains the fastest graphics card in the world and the 
    newest members of the AMD graphics family, the AMD Radeon HD 6850 and HD 
    6870, have set new standards for performance at their respective price points, 
    and are available in volume.

With this in mind, we are going to take a bit more time before shipping the AMD 
    Radeon HD 6900 series. As of today, the NDA lift for information relating to the 
    AMD Radeon HD 6950 and HD 6970 will be the week of December 13th. We will 
    be providing additional information on these products, including the exact date 
    and time of the NDA lift along with samples in the weeks prior to launch.

15. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    lol isn't that wat nv said about the 200 series wen the 4xx was delayed, they both do it

16. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    December 13...that's another two weeks. So it could be Q1 '11 before any 69xx card actually hits retail.

17. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    according to this slide by amd, the 6970 and 6950 will come out this year. but the 6990 will come out q1 next year, along with the lower spec'd 6000 series cards.

[​IMG]

18. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Yeah I know what those slides read, but that doesn't mean they aren't just some more corporate BS, as they usually tend to be. It's just slipping out of the Q4 frame there.

19. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Did you post this 2 weeks in the future ?

Unless i'm stuck in a time warp dec 13th is 4.5 weeks away !!!

I'm very disappointed by this further delay.

Was hoping to pick one of these up before the start of next yr when the VAT goes up over here to 20%

20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti