690 GTX Club/Overclocking/Benchmarks!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, May 8, 2012.

1. rootz

rootz Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 690
    Diablo is bad coded. I have a 120mhz monitor and it still v-syncs at 60mhz. There is no SLI support although it will use the both GPU's

I am running with v-sync on and Prefer maximum performance and i have no stuttering at all and smooth fps.

Silly settings considering my 690 card and 120 mhz monitor but it did fix it for me.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4008682094?page=75

75 pages of fps problems :)

2. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I'm cooling with fans, they are on auto setting in MSI Afterburner. My card is not overclocked yet. Highest temp on my card so far is +/- 75 degrees in games like BF3 and Metro 2033. 84 degrees in Diablo 3 is very high, something must be very wrong.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Hey Denial,forget Diablo 3 and try BF3 your temps should be around 75 degrees,also remember this card dumps hot air from the front into your case,you have an 800d case?How is the air cooling in that?Its not the best air cooling case.....If it was me i would just rma it for peace of mind,atleast then you will know if the card has problems or not.
    Also i have my fan speed set to 30 for idling on desktop and i set it to 65% with a keypress for all games,temps hardly hit 75 degrees.

Thats ok rootz i changed my card and all is good now:)

I found that the 301.40 betas are fine but the 301.42 are crap for the 690 as 1 of the gpu's downclock to 300mhz while the other gpu does all the work,i wouldnt use the 301.42 tbh.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. rootz

rootz Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 690
    roger, will keep running 0.40 than and save me the hassle of getting annoyed :)

5. rootz

rootz Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 690
    No clue when the koolance 690 blocks come in, but i let you know on our forums as i assume your the same veteran :p

does not mean you get discount now!

6. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Do you have this problem in every game? Strange, because I haven't noticed this on my end.

7. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I know I don't have a GTX690, but my GPU clocks down to 2D clocks ( 350mhz ) with 301.42 as well.

I haven't seen it happen since I change the power usage to performance instead of adaptive.

8. rootz

rootz Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 690
    gps cords pls, so i can start driving

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah mate thats me,been over there for a good couple of years now,one of the first to use thew forum when it went live,infact i think i probably am the first apart from the moderators,no discount?Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:)

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i noticed it in Payday the heist,its not a problem as i went back to the beta,in my experiences beta drivers always work better than whqls anyhow same as quadros,but im good with the betas,get no problems(301.40)

Edit...Somebody on the Oc.net forum has claimed that the 301.42 driver has allowed them to overclock the core on there 690 from 140 to 160 and be fully stable in 3d mark!!

If this is true its amazing,you might want to try it out guys.

Last edited: May 23, 2012

11. Graskar

Graskar Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 690 MSI GTX
    I got a MSI 690 on PCI 2.0
    I7 930 @ 2,8Ghz ATM
    Tried it on 4Ghz didn't got much out of that..

I got like 50 Fps Avg in Crysis 2, BF3... Everything on Max, with 1920 X 1080
    Running 301.42 Drivers..

What could be wrong?..

12. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Probably CPU mate. Run mine at 4.2 with HT and it does great... CPU gets hammered in these games due to in game physics. Try going to 3.6 or something to see if you get a boost in FPS

13. Graskar

Graskar Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 690 MSI GTX
    How much is great Venom? How many FPS with that kind of Ghz on the I7 930? Crysis 2 / Bf3 On 1920 X 1080? MSAA x 4 max, Vsync?

Gonna do 1 more try with the Oc, but didn't help that much in Wow..
    Was on 4Ghz

14. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Would be easier to check if you run 3D Mark 11 as we could compare results. Here are my results with CPU @ 4.2Ghz with HT enabled, 6GB RAM using the default profile for 3D Mark 11 http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3440029 My GPU was overclocked at this time to +135 on core and 800mhz on memory.

I can tell you that BF3 using ultra preset was hitting my v-sync a lot @ 120fps.. did dip below this but not by much to be honest. Crysis 2 was maxing around 100fps with ultra settings, DX11 and High res pack.

I can't give you any more details right now as just installed a new motherboard as I killed my RIIIE so my RAM is not compatible with this board now :'( Corsair are gonna RMA the sticks for me... thank god.

15. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Seems like you can order it from here now: http://koolance.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2059

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thanks but im gonna wait till its gets stocked over here in the UK,im also gonna wait for some other blocks to appear before i make a decision,i hope Aqua make a block as there blocks look really cool.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Check Crysis2 process priority in taskmanager, maybe you have the same issue as me.

I had similar low 45-50fps and it turns out Crysis2 somehow used priority - below normal, when i selected above normal it ran good again, no more 45-50fps drops.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Best to try and find out if it is actually the card before you RMA, as you expect a few niggles with a Nvidia card when they have just been released, be much better when the drivers mature, which won't take Nvidia long. :)

19. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok max safe and stable overclock is power boost @ 135%, gpu offest @ +140 and memory @ +550-560 range.

Question, Can I improve my gpu speed if I go under water, cause if this is my max, whats the sense going to watercooling with theses bad boys?

Card is still very very new, would love to see a tweak bios on this to accommodate water cooling.

Still want to run this bad boy under water, yes but IF I cant do any voltage tweaking right off the back then is it pointless to go under water?

I mean theres ways to disable the gpu boost but in the end more heat,power consumption and fan noise.

Take a look at this:

http://www.obr-hardware.com/2012/05/exclusive-guide-how-to-disable-gpu.html

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Watercooling will definitely sink more power (if done right) but its the law of diminishing returns as heat increases massively when nearing the limit.
    There is a quad law (much worse than a square law :)) with voltage and heat when overclocking.

.Power (heat) is proportional to the square of the voltage.
    .The hotter a chip gets, the more voltage it needs to maintain the same clocks, making it hotter so it needs more volts...
    .As you clock higher, power use increases giving off even more heat, requiring more voltage which gives more heat, which requires more voltage...

If you want the last % from your card and fancy a neat project, go for it.
    Remember that the cards are voltage limited, it may be enough to get the most out of a watercooler, best check up.