680s flashed to 770 BIOS - Successes & Failures

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Caedo, Jul 18, 2013.

1. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI SLI
    You select a temp limit instead, so the cards will boost until they reach the temp limit then throttle down.

2. MaxWrt

MaxWrt Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 680
    I do not understand

3. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    "With GPU Boost 2, NVIDIA has essentially moved on from a power-based boost system to a temperature-based boost system."

4. MaxWrt

MaxWrt Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 680
    yes ok! but I tried a asus 770 and has the power target up to 110% and if I put the same bios I have no power target!

5. kid1412kid

kid1412kid New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 SOC
    oh guys, any bios of gtx770 can not work well on my 680soc
    everything is good but the fan has some problems,who has the same experience?

6. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA OC Titan X
    I thought this would be all but a joke seeing all the articles on this, but after testing the 770 Bios on the 680 I have I was impressed I did get one problem with SLI set up screen flickering in games, I sorted this by using Kepler 1.26.

copying the power control setting over from the 680 bios to the 770 bios I am at work at the moment but once I am back home I will put up screen shots all that I did.

The cards I have are 2 EVGA GTX680 Signature's I have used all EVGA 770 in there list the super-clocked seems to be the right one.

This is the one though I found no improvement over the 680 bios 3d 2011 with 2 stock bios 680s and 770.

680 scored 17516 clocks at 1084/1150 memory 6208
    770 scored 17547 clocks at 1085/1163 memory 7010
    770 scored 17658 clocks at 1085/1163 memory 6208 (odd I know not sure why I get no issues with artifacts I have had the ram at 7400 under furmark solid but scary to think how far I could take it to)

So am not so sure it is even worth it I will have to set the fans on full just to see if that boost 2.0 is anything to fuss over

Regards

7. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA OC Titan X
    think its a case of testing the fan speeds with Kepler 1.26

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  8. Francko1979

Francko1979 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC SLI´ed
    Hey Caedo!

Hi, well after many atempts, I was finally able to flash my 2 cards with the GTX 770 BIOS on your OP that holystarlight gave you.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ga33c3873eeig1/GTX770.rom

I update my rig with a new board, and thought of giving it a try again, and well, it worked.

Now, I wanted to ask you the following. Out of my ignorance on the subject.
    I was able to check the BIOS was properly flashed on both cards thru GPUZ, I think the BIOS is from ASUS if Im not mistaken, but, here it goes, I dont see GTX770 anywhere. Is that OK? GPUZ, Nvidia control panel, still all of them report dual GTX 680. Is that ok? is it supposed to be lke that? or should they be listed as GTX 770?

Thanks and sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Thanks again.

9. Francko1979

Francko1979 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC SLI´ed
    Hi Holystarlight,

Sorry to bother, Im excited as a little kid on christmas morning trying to get my cards modded to 770.

I just posted on Caedo´s post, looking for an answer for my doubts.
    Lemme just copy my question below, maybe you can help me again as you did in the past.

Here it goes:

Hey Caedo!

Hi, well after many atempts, I was finally able to flash my 2 cards with the GTX 770 BIOS on your OP that holystarlight gave you.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3g...ig1/GTX770.rom

I update my rig with a new board, and thought of giving it a try again, and well, it worked.

Now, I wanted to ask you the following. Out of my ignorance on the subject.
    I was able to check the BIOS was properly flashed on both cards thru GPUZ, I think the BIOS is from ASUS if Im not mistaken, but, here it goes, I dont see GTX770 anywhere. Is that OK? GPUZ, Nvidia control panel, still all of them report dual GTX 680. Is that ok? is it supposed to be lke that? or should they be listed as GTX 770?

Thanks and sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Thanks again.

10. gothmessiah

gothmessiah Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 2GB DDR5
    Hi everyone, i have a EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked+ 2048 MB, Device Id: 10DE 1180, Subsystem Id: 3842 2682, Memory Size: 2048 MB, GPU Clock: 1059 MHz, Memory Clock: 1552 MHz

Can you point me in the safest GTX 770 Bios to Flash it and get GPU Boost 2.0 and everything, also please inform me before Bios it, what else i must do in order to successfully boot to windows and try the new Bios, i don't plan to SLI in the future as i'm waiting for the upcoming GTX 880; but in the meanwhile i want to get games like WatchDogs a try the 770 Bios features, also what i need to do after Bios it. I've already backup my original GTX 680 Bios...Thanks in advance for your help!

11. Loadedred

Loadedred New Member

GPU:
    Gtx 680X2
    Hey everyone I got a minor issue. I flashed both of my Asus Direct cu ii top 680's with the 770 asus direct cu ii oc bios no problem. When I am testing my overclock i notice that only one of my cards is getting 1.212 voltage the other is maxed out at 1.200 Gpuz confirms both gpus have the exact same bios running, any ideas?

12. Heatshiver

Heatshiver New Member

GPU:
    32GB G.Skillz
    I have the same EVGA GTX680 signature, but just a single. Would you say that it's worth the flash? Also, can you point me to the GTX770 SC vBIOS you used if it is.

Thanks.