6800GT vs 6800GS... Vote now...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by repapips2004, Nov 22, 2005.

?

6800GT or 6800GS

1. 6800GS

167 vote(s)
    45.4%
  2. 6800GT

201 vote(s)
    54.6%
  1. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

Yeah.

Im buying it.

And well.
    This XXX Edition comes already OCed and performs better than the 6800GT without OC.

Many people has scored 16 or 17k in 3dmark 03 with a 6800GS which is really impressive.

How many people have scored 16 or 17k in 3dmark with a 6800GT?

2. repapips2004

repapips2004 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600GT 128MB @ 500/1000
  3. khelben

khelben Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950Pro
    Oh? XXX for the AGP already? That's sweet.

4. r0k0

r0k0 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    well it should... if they make a pci-x card they should not take long for theagp version to come out

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    Basically the 6800GS is a heavily modified 6800GT card and all the stuff that was wrong with the GT they corrected it with the GS plus they built it on lower nm core. Another fact that it was 12pipes was because NV was scared that the card will be very powerfull and poeple would buy it instead the upcoming 7600 series. Its all basic marketing crap.

6. guardz

guardz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 1G OC
    1) Are you sure nVidia are gonna make the 7600 series??! :

2) "all the stuff wrong with the GT" you say ...no cards perfect (bar the GTX7800) so stating thats just story telling dude! :argue:

7. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    :)

It would be nice if people would realise this more often...

8. danielstc

danielstc New Member

GPU:
    Winfast A6600GT
  9. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Hmm that link shows the RAMDAC at 400MHz not the memory, im pretty sure the memory speed wont be that low.

10. HeavyH20

HeavyH20 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 Tri SLI
    Yes, without the GDDR3, it is just a regular 6800 NU, right?

11. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Yeah pretty much, bar the core speed/process. The article is gone now from the looks of it too.

Id very surprised if the AGP version of the GS was significantly different from the PCIe version in terms of performance. Really does depend on how they intend to do it, afaik the 6800 Go (mobile cores used on the GS) cores will likely need the HSI chip to bridge them to AGP and the PCB will obviously be different due to that. When we do see the AGP version tho, that might be the gateway to a high end 7800 series card on AGP. We can hope eh? :)

12. danielstc

danielstc New Member

GPU:
    Winfast A6600GT
    Hmm true i used to get confused between those two RAM and RAMDAC=Short for Random Access Memory Digital-to-Analog Converter, a single chip on video adapter cards. The RAMDAC's role is to convert digitally encoded images into analog signals that can be displayed by a monitor.

Wow hope that the AGP version would be as good or even better then the PCI-e (eg.Unlockable pipelines and so on). I am still hoping that it will be la launched before Christmas!! :dave:

13. DmZ

DmZ Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260@285 Speeds
    It's not all marketing crap.

It depends on where you are in terms of hardware and how knowledgeable you are about your own hardware and what they are offering as well.

For example, for someone like myself, I wouldn't run out and buy a 6800GS AGP because I have an equivalent card (more or less; some areas better, some worse).

However, someone who has a Ti4600, or an FX card would definitely benefit more from an upgrade like this if they are still on AGP.

Therefore, it isn't market "BS" because the second person is who the GS is designed specifically for. What is wrong with that? It's all relative...

14. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Yes

Well i am going to get one.

15. dan182

dan182 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Connect 3d X1900 XTX
    can you unlcok pipelines on the pci-e version? if not can you unlock pipes on any pci-e card?

16. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    :) Well, now that's one ferm dude. I like him!

17. Hitec004

Hitec004 Banned

GPU:
    **XFX nVidia GF 7800GT 256 GDDR3**
    Hi again ...this time I have that Lovely itme EVGA 6800GS and I just can't
    Say how well this card is ...its cool really cool ..wait.. its Powerful and the
    overclocking ability of Just AS high as you can dream about ..its huge
    I've loved the surprise ...since I have the MSI 6600GT AGP and its package is bigger than the GS EVGA ...I did looked at the box then when opend the box
    slowly getting out the stuff and WWWOOOOWWWW ...OMG What is this monister VGA !!!!!!. any Q feel free ....have a nice day ...it gonna be (his bigger brother) fantastic in My Acrylic blue with Asus Logo Case ...
    Have a nice day.

18. 10WnJo0fo0

10WnJo0fo0 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 6800GS 475/1125
    LOL Do you guys not understand what FILL RATE is? Do you not understand that you cannot clock a GT as high because the fabrication process is 130nm? What goes through your PLAIN AND SIMPLE minds when you say something stupid like GT FTW, stuff like this just makes me laugh, and so do my benchmark scores verse your GT's.

Also scouting there is a 7800GS (16 pipes) in the works, or at least Nvidia had released reference cards for them, but that might be shot down due to direct competetion with the rest of the 7 series (7600) which is supposidly to be released in April. And if the what the inquirer speculates is true the 78gs will only come out on AGP (even though the ref cards where pci express).

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  19. coogy123

coogy123 New Member

GPU:
    XFX6800GS XXX 256mb
    Dunno about GT?

Hey guy's I recently Blanked, or something the bios chip on my,
    AGP MSI NX6800, now i'm left with a lump that won't let my pc boot, any suggestions?,

Anyhoo I was forced to buy another card and plumped for the GS, in early December, the difference in performance was phenominal!, bearing in mind that on the MSI card I had all the pipelines open, which made a difference, but I lost out in stability and had to disable AGP FW,

The GS will clock to around 535/40gpu and 1.25/30mem with added breezage, all in all the best sub £200 card I ever bought!:)

20. Hitec004

Hitec004 Banned

GPU:
    **XFX nVidia GF 7800GT 256 GDDR3**
    10WnJo0fo0,coogy123....Congrats Guys any sugestion for the Ultimate Experience ..Enjoyment ..I dont have time these days...
    BTW: the Ambient themp is it real ? How the Card could measure it ? is it built in the GPU ...?? thanx..The 6800GT ..will its form the past ..isnt it ..;)