6800GT to Quadro FX4000 in SLI mode

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by aristo-compasso, Apr 23, 2006.

1. aristo-compasso

aristo-compasso New Member

Hello

I've been reading all the threads on softmodding the GeForce 6800's to Quadros but I haven't found comments on having softmodded 2 GeForce 6800's in SLI mode to 2 Quadro Fx 4000 in SLI mode. If I'm repeating anybody, I apologise.

So has anyone done it? and if so, how do they behave? Can you post benchmarks?

Thanks!

2. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Master Guru

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    Softmod is not possible for SLI or DualGPU, only one card/chip would be modded.

3. Darkseph

Darkseph New Member

You might want to try a bios mod

Hey there. As we know, Softmodding will not work with SLI, but there is a nice and actually pretty safe way to do it by biosmodding your card. I have done it myself. My Rig consists of an FX-55 processor and two 6800 Ultra cards, and 2 Gig ram. What I did was using nvidias nvflash tool to backup my old GFX card bios, then use a Rivatuner patch script (found in the link I provide further down) on the biosfile I just grabbed from my cards that changes a couple of registers, then override flash it back onto my graphics cards. Then in Windows you force the current quadro certified driver to install as Quadro 4000 (or in this case, I chose quadro 3400/4400 as I read that this is the recommended driver for the pci-e version of the 6800 GT/Ultra). Specvieperf showed some very nice results then. I did test it in SLI too, but just the Maya benchmark, which was about 10 points higher than in single card mode. Everything runs stable and I am very happy with the results.

For further information, follow this link:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53058&highlight=quadro+mod

If you have more questions, just drop a line.

Regards,

Darkseph

4. 3dpertuis

3dpertuis Member

GPU:
    PNY 6800NU @ Quadro FX 4000 AGP 4x
    FYI

The above link includes description, instruction, BIOS patch and BIOS flash to turn a 6800 into QFX4000 without any further tweaking needed. Rivatuner is used to patch the BIOS before flashing.

Converted card will be read as a Quadro in any OS. Even Linux.

3dp