6800gt PCI-E to Quadro

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by ChillerD, Aug 10, 2005.

1. noguru

noguru Member

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to rivatuner.
    I would like to know if ChillerD has done it with it's 6800GT PCIE.
    And by the way, how do you like your system ? I'm getting the same one (but with opteron 250) in 2 days... Can't wait...

2. ChillerD

ChillerD Member

GPU:
    MSI 6800gt PCI-E
    noguru,

Ok, I posted this last night, but for some reason it didn't show up.

Anyway, just to clear up my ambiguous posts above.

Yes, I did do the softmod on a 6800gt PCI-E nv.40
    Also, it is worth noting, that it was an extremely painless procedure, compared to the last time I softmodded.
    KUDOS to UNWINDER AGAIN!!!!

I think the core is important, although I can't recall which revisions are ineffective if any, you would need to search for that answer, sorry.

Since you asked, I do so enjoy my system, and you will only enjoy yours much more being as it is dual 250's ... Nice! I chose my system for it's superior architecture, power and scalability into the next gen dual/dual core.

Cheers!

3. noguru

noguru Member

Hi ChillerD,

Thank's for the response. I was a bit anxious about the sofmodding of the 6800GT PCIE. Thought it wouldn't be able.
    Now I will try it as soon as I can.

You are the second one who is telling me that this sytem is very nice... I have to wait a bit more, I hope getting it tomorrow, today it wasn't ready...

cheers

4. maca

maca New Member

GPU:
    ATI 9700 @ FGL x2
    On the same topic, which brand of 6800gt pci-e are softmoddable?

5. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    It's not brand dependant.
    It's GPU revision dependant since some of the PCI-e 6800GT cards are not using a NV40 chip and can be difficult to mod but still, i don't have any info on their current modability status since nobody here has confirmed a softquadro failure on any 6800GT or Ultra card.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  6. tyler_durden_83

tyler_durden_83 Member

are all 6800 gt NV40? i know that the 6800 series is based on it but other than that...

7. noguru

noguru Member

Well, my attempt to softmod my 6800GT was not succesfull, but I must be honest, I didn't try it for long....
    I installed rivatuner, did the mod, after restart installed the quadro drivers, it told me it was a 6800GT, and after restart I lost my driver two times....
    Don't really know what I have for a card since my system was built by someone else, here are the data from PCwizard:

CARD
    Modèle : GeForce 6800 Ultra Series [BR02.1]
    Fabricant : Nvidia Corp
    Bus Type : PCI-Express
    Fabricant : NVIDIA
    Mémoire totale : 256 Mo
    Mémoire Texture : 490 Mo
    Processeur : GeForce 6800 GT
    Convertisseur : Integrated RAMDAC
    Rafraîchissement (min/max) : 56/85 Hz

GPU
    Nom de code : NVBR02
    Bus : 128 bits
    Type de mémoire : DDR-SDRAM
    Fréquence GPU : 11.81 MHz
    Fréquence Bus Mémoire GPU : 2 x 9.35 MHz
    Bande passante Mémoire : 299 Mo/s

:( :( :(

8. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    Read all the posts in this thread and you will find the answer :)

Did the mod and then run the SPECviewperf benchmark , post the results here , lets see what happen on your card.

9. noguru

noguru Member

Yeah I know what you think. That the card doesn't appear like a quadro one.... yes but, I don't really like that the driver dissapears... But I'll try it one more time, when I'll have some time... :) :)

10. HoPe

HoPe New Member

GPU:
    Club3D/7800GT/256MB
    Has anyone softmodded already an ASUS 6800 GT PCIe card into quadro? In 2 weeks I've had take my second Inno3D card back to the store because malfunctions. (first it couldn't use the extra power supply, second time I got on one of the DVI outlets bad picture quality.)

Now I think I buy a 6800 GT card from another brand like ASUS. But first I'd like to know if i'd be able to softmod it to quadro.

11. maca

maca New Member

GPU:
    ATI 9700 @ FGL x2
    Not wanting to start a new thread, I'm assuming once you nvstrapped the card to a quadro and enabled pro cap, you can install any unified forceware and they'll automatically install the quadro set of driver?

12. schnauze

schnauze Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    @ maca no you have to install by hand not automatically.

i have a leadteak 6800GT PCIE, wich works with softmod, but i am not sure should i choose 3450 or 4000 Quadro?

I use 77.56

I tried 4000 an in my Displaysettings he recognize a quadro and i can choose maya profil, but the are no options for opengl or direct 3d.

in the Riva tuner i set low level system setting/graphic adapter identification also to fx 4000.

I am not sure if i should take the PCI Quadro 3450 or the agp 4000

13. Jazz2005

Jazz2005 New Member

Hi,

Ok I decided to go for nVIDIA 6800 GT PC-Express but how I can determine
    before I buy it if it can be softmodded to Quadro and if it has
    necessary nv40 or nv45 ???