6800GT AGP drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by marmaduke, Jul 11, 2008.

1. marmaduke

marmaduke Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4870
    Hi all. Is there such a thing as "optimized" drivers for the 6800GT AGP version. The newer drivers are causing me problems. Was wondering is a specific "older" driver might work better. Or Omega or anything else.
    Thanks.
    Running Win XP Pro. 32bit

2. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Not really. Some drivers work better because of either the way your system is setup or sometimes some drivers just suck with certain cards. You basically just have to try different drivers. Trail and error. Most will say that 91.xx drivers and up to the 97.xx where good for alot of cards. I use to use a 6800 gs and used the 175.16 driver just fine. Didn't notice anything wrong. Haven't tried the newly re-released 175.19 driver. Only drivers that I found to be problematic for the 6800 gs was the 16x.xx drivers. Those drivers for my card had issues. Sometimes random crashes in games and freezes. Have not had any issues since using 17x.xx drivers.

3. Ppzek

Ppzek Member

GPU:
    MSI 6870
    88.98 all daylong . Imo is the best driver ever for my old comp.

4. Wildman95GS-T

Wildman95GS-T Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 2000
    Did you mean 81.98 ?

5. Homeless

Homeless Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275
    92.91 is working strong here and yes I am still using a 6800 in today's age :[

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    91.47 91.36

7. .exe

.exe Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX275 XXX Edition
    Well I have the 175.19 WHQL ones and I have no problem with them, can play any old game even to COD4 with medium settings and looks fantastic. I played Gear Of Wars and Medal of Honor Airborne and looked so good too. Games like Mass Effect or Crysis are unplayable :(

8. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    With the 6800GT you'd best stay with XP. In Vista you'll get around a 25% performance drop because the drivers are horribly optimized. I had to install an old set of NVIDIA XP drivers (81.98) in Vista 32-bit to get within 10% -- and then you lose Aero, which kills about 2/3 of the reason to go to Vista.

As the other posters said, however, something in the 9x.xx range should suit you fine.

9. DaniLson

DaniLson New Member

GPU:
    geforce 6800gt
    problem

Hello everybody!I have big problem with my videocard's driver.I am big COD4 fun but this videocard (6800gt) I can't play.When I am enter the game monitor turn off and I must restart my computer.Once my videocard's bios went bed and I must reinstall.Whic driver install I?I have downloaded many driver but I can't found agree.Please,help
    (sorry my faults,but I can't speak english,just a little bit)

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welcome to Guru3D, DaniLson. :)

Try this:

Download both the driver (180.84) and the modded inf for your OS version (XP/Vista, 32-Bit/64-Bit) from here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showforum=137

Now do the following:
    1. Uninstall your current driver.
    2. Restart and boot into safe mode (F8).
    3. Run Driver Sweeper and maybe even CCleaner.
    4. Restart and boot to the regular desktop.
    5. Decompress the downloaded driver and copy the modded inf into that folder.
    6. Run the setup.exe you can find in that folder.
    7. Restart.

Good luck! :D

11. Wildman95GS-T

Wildman95GS-T Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 2000
    2nd the 180.84's they are the best thing for my 6800GT since the Zalman cooler and you don't need the modded inf :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008