6800 mem clock

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by krusifix, Dec 17, 2004.

1. krusifix

krusifix Guest

Okay, got an Arcticool nv5 silencer for my Chaintech 6800 so i decided to softmode and possibly cloack. Since im a noob, I studied this forum and got all the pipes (16x1 6vp) on at 375/700. Now, it seems that im not able to get the mem clock up at all. So i was wondering if n1 knows what I could of done wrong or is it just the card. Even after i close the pipes, i cant get it up.
    Sooo, if u can help.. tnx in front, if u know that i lucked out and nothin can be done please do tell me.

2. Lx3

Lx3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800GT 256MB(ViewSonic P95f+SB)
    heyya.

well for me i got 410/850 on mine but that was only possible with a voltmod and a bios flash with those clocks on default.

3. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    Its pure luck to be honest, although making sure your temps are as low as possible will help! Mine idles around 42c, with my case temp at 30c.

I had a Galaxy card that did 430/917 WITHOUT a volt mod, but now ive got an MSI and that only does 385/880 also, without a volt mod, which isnt as good, but its fine for me.

4. Leca

Leca Guest

Disable the extra Vertex shader.

16 / 5

;)

enjoy your mem OC again.

5. Andy2211

Andy2211 Active Member

GPU:
    Point of View gf 6800
    if your card is 100% workíng with the pipes you can overclock the card with powerstrip! After oc with pstrip you can test your system....

it must be 100% ok...

no restarts, no black screens!

mfg Andy

6. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    I would suggest the same; use the latest WHQL drivers. If you're failing a clock test then you might try disabling that with RivaTuner or through the registry. If you get artifacts or crashes during gameplay then try disabling your pixel pipe/vertex shaders one at a time and see if it has any impact. Good luck post your results.

7. krusifix

krusifix Guest

Tnx, guyz. Powerstirp proved to be the most effective, got it up to 380/790 with all pipes enabled. Didnt try more than that, no problems with benchmarks or games yet.