6800 info needed

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by hunterking, Aug 29, 2004.

1. hunterking

hunterking Member

GPU:
    Ati/X800xl/256mb
    Well im thinking about upgrading to a regular 6800 128mb for around $300 and most of the manufacturers do not list the ram speed ex. 2.2ns. Could someone please list the known ram speeds for the regular 6800 and also any reccomendations on which one to get for overclocking.

Currently Looking at: Msi, Gainward, Asus, and Leadtek

2. Khan

Khan Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS ATI 4870 X2
    Dude any reg 6800 is a solid choice, for price they whup ati...and as far as memory speed, i have no clue. Does it matter when you've got more pipelines? Nay my friend, nay. While those brands you've selected are nice and what-have-you, i naturally recommend the BFG tech card...its quite possibly the best for overclocking, the cooling on it is powerful gnarly. you won't regret the 6800, and definitely not the bfg.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    i love bfg, they are the only company who gives a true full lifetime warrenty, that also comes OC out of box.

4. Six Shooter

Six Shooter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon
    The mem speed for a regular 6800 usually is 2,5ns. You can get any of those brands, but just don't get ASUS, they're screwing around with those gamer editions and custom PCB's and stuff, just get Gainward, Leadtek or MSI.

5. DropkickDuffy

DropkickDuffy Member

GPU:
    To be determined...
    Get the Leadtek, trust me!

Right now my card is sitting at a cool 390/910 overclock without any strain or artifacts. I may try pushing it to 400/925, but I dunno if it is worth the extra 1-2 fps gain, if that. I was in the same boat as you when deciding to choose a card, but after hours upon hours of reading on these forums I've decided to go with the Leadtek. Man, I couldn't be happier...

Cheers

6. HitMaker

HitMaker Member

GPU:
    HIS HD2900XT 512MB
    Also you can choose Club3d one.

It has heatsink of Ultra model, all copper, it takes two slots, and it overclocks very well

400/900 10.600 3dmark2003 link ;), isnĀ“t bad ;)

Or 65fps in doom3 1280x1024 HighQuality FA@8x :p

And also, its really cheap.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  7. rebirthofham

rebirthofham Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 oc 400/875
    uh,
    gainward GS has 2.5 ns
    leadtek has 2.8
    MSI has 2.8
    Asus has 2.0 (i think)

don't get asus as they rip you off.
    leadtek is very very nice, and oc's amazingly. Bad thing is the whiny noise, my friend has one and i can't stand it.

Gainward, i have one, hehe. This is a decent card, oc's nice but not as well as leadtek. it's quieter than leadtek though, so pick ur poison.

MSI. If i had choice, i would've bought an MSI. It has a massive Copper cooler with fan control. It OC's just as well as the leadtek but is a hell of a lot quieter. and prettier.

8. hunterking

hunterking Member

GPU:
    Ati/X800xl/256mb
  9. rebirthofham

rebirthofham Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 oc 400/875
    that's an 6800 ultra.
    and i don' think it's been announced.

10. Greggy

Greggy Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680 2GB
    Hey don't bash ASUS 6800 cards too much! My 128Mb ASUS V9999 6800 runs perfectly at 375/900, but I'm (very) CPU limited so I back it off to 'only' 350/900.

But I agree, rather than get a 256Mb ASUS 6800 Gamers Edition card your probably better with a proper 6800 GT.

Greggy

11. Karcass

Karcass Guest

Hi

I have the chaintech 6800. It has a really nice Heatsink and has 2.2ns memory.