6800 GT problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ashke, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Ashke

Ashke Member

GPU:
    2x 6800 Ultra 512MB
    I've been having this new problem recently and I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on it. Whenever I quit a game, I notice my refresh rate isn't right. When I go to check it out, I get this...

http://ashkie.shackspace.com/WTF.jpg

Now I can't change anything under advanced nor can I start a game after this happens. I have to either reboot or reinstall vid drivers. I've tried the 66.93s and a few or the later/earlier versions I found on this site. Every time I uninstall and reinstall, I use Driver Cleaner, and follow the steps exactly. I'm running Windows XP with SP1. This problem just started recently and its really starting to get annoying.

When the game runs, it runs fine as it should. I only encounter this odd problem when the game exits and goes back to Windows. I recently just formatted as well (not due to this issue).

Any ideas?

2. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X850 XTPE
    never came across something like that before, maybee its a irq conflict, just a guess.

3. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    Try un-installing your current driver then use 'Driver Cleaner 3' in safe mode and then install a new driver.

4. Ashke

Ashke Member

GPU:
    2x 6800 Ultra 512MB

Did you not even read my post?

5. Ashke

Ashke Member

GPU:
    2x 6800 Ultra 512MB
    Nothing is sharing the IRQ of my card, but this comes up under Conflicts/Sharing in System Info.

http://ashkie.shackspace.com/irq.jpg

6. Phenexx

Phenexx Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC
    LOL!
    You know you could try Driver cleaner in safe mode.

Anyway, in all seriousness, that is a foul problem. I'm looking around for you for an answer. This is all I could find so far:

http://forum.matrox.com/rt2000/Forum22/HTML/002023.html

Not sure if it will help, but it's a start. Oh, and some other questions, what chipset is your mobo using? And have you oc'd the card at all?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  7. Ashke

Ashke Member

GPU:
    2x 6800 Ultra 512MB
    I followed the Driver Cleaner instructions exactly, which tell you to go into Safe Mode, which I did... 4 times already. :)

Its an Intel 850 made my Dell. I have a Dell 8200. This issue just started recently and I've had my card for a few months now. I have the latest BIOs firmware released as well. And no, the card is not overclocked.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  8. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    Oops, sorry.....I must admit I didn't read the whole post....