680 Lightning - 1st card has no voltage or Power % control?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by dr/owned, Jul 24, 2013.

1. dr/owned

dr/owned New Member

GPU:
    680 Lightning X2
    So I'm having a bit of a strange issue that I want to bounce of you guys before I RMA the card.

I've had the problem-card for a while now (first card in SLI), but recently had to RMA the second card because of a blown vreg.

Anyways, moral of the story is that for the first card, no matter what I do (stock BIOS, LN2 BIOS, locked/unlocked LN2 BIOS, reinstall drivers, reinstall AB, use non-beta AB, etc) I can't get triple voltage control (I only get core voltage), the Power % slider is grayed out, and I can't see Memory or VRM temperatures in the monitor (only core temperature). [Yes I enabled hardware control/unofficial overclocking]. When I disable the first card and use the second card (mobo toggle switch), all my sliders are back.

Is there some sort of debug mode to tell me what's going on? Did a temp sensor get fried or something and it blocks AB from overclocking?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Lack of power control availability is really bad sign, I'm afraid that it can be dead. Post results of running the following command here:

MSIAfterburner.exe /I2CD

3. dr/owned

dr/owned New Member

GPU:
    680 Lightning X2
    So I RMA-ed the card and it fixed the problem. But now it's back again. I've tried a full reinstall of Win7 and it didn't fix it. GPU2 gives me temperature monitoring of all 3 components, GPU1 justs gives me 1 temperature. I've also lost the ability to control memory or PLL voltage. (I do have Power % control).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013