1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6600GT won't output anything to monitor, need help.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by RHajile, Jul 26, 2005.

1. RHajile

RHajile Active Member

GPU:
    6800LE 16pp/6vp 350/780
    Ok, for some reason my 6600GT won't output anything, through VGA, S-Video or DVI. The card is definitly part of the problem, as I'm using the same PC with a very old Nvidia TNT and everythings fine. Anyway, here's a bit of background to my story if it helps:

Turned on my PC this morning, and it would stay on for about 2 seconds, then the PSU shut itself off. It wouldn't stay on any longer. I get a new 450 Watt PSU (the old one was a 400W but they're the exact same make). Now my monitor won't show anything so I have to change GFX cards. And yes I did plug in the molex connector! So what could it be? Did my old PSU screw over my GFX card? Could somehow, the current on my new PSU be worse than my old one? I don't have the ratings of the old one but the new one has:

+5v = 35 A
    +12V = 16 A
    +3.3 = 28 A

Anyone got any ideas at all?

2. -[HC]-AceCombat

-[HC]-AceCombat Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual Asus 8600GT silent in SLI
    Had the same prob as you take the card out restart your comp with no card in it. Then let it boo up or until you you hear the windows sound. Turn off the comp and reinsert your card plug in the connector and it should work. I had the same prob when I accidently unplugged the wrong connector from my psu. I Just let the comp boot up without the card then shut it down after 5 mins worked fine after a reinstall of the drivers.

3. -[HC]-AceCombat

-[HC]-AceCombat Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual Asus 8600GT silent in SLI
    Did it work, if so your welcome

4. RHajile

RHajile Active Member

GPU:
    6800LE 16pp/6vp 350/780
    Hmm sounds like its worth a try. Hope it works!

5. RHajile

RHajile Active Member

GPU:
    6800LE 16pp/6vp 350/780
    Ok, didn't seem to work. I turned it on with no card, but the system doesn't seem to load windows. I have no onboard graphics, so it won't load up. I have reinstalled drivers using my current video card in this system though, but that didn't help either. Thanks anyways. I'll try and get a different PSU, and see if it solves the problem, and return if it doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

6. 3bqruk

3bqruk Member

GPU:
    X800 GTO2 (Flashed to X800XTPE)
    Check your memory- Had the same problem due to faulty stick of memory-reinserted ,and all was well.

Good luck:cool: