66.93 are not very good drivers.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by akaotikpnoy, Nov 11, 2004.

1. tiggie_00

tiggie_00 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA, GTX 660, 2GB
    I fixed it because rivatuner needed reset but I still lost about 200 points on 3dmark03. Seems a little better with some games but not much to talk about. Would like to see a indepth review on this driver with new games and benchmarks. Seems like ATIs drivers are doing alot better. My friends 9800 pro plays Doom 3 real good and I am still getting glitching here and there with a overclocked 6800. Feels like money wasted because I sold my 9800pro for this 6800nu.

2. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Well, wrong. I run three machines: Ti4600, FX59050 and 6800U. Every card gained performance the one or other way.

3. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    I am back on 66.81....may be that with 66.93 I noticed better image quality, but speed...to slow

4. Neo2010

Neo2010 Member

GPU:
    e-GeForce 6800GS PCI-E 500/1200
    66.93 fixed issues on need for speed underground and nba live 2k5. Keeping it =)

5. Darkfalz

Darkfalz Guest

66.93 majorly buggy in games with me after running Doom 3, especially NFSU. It must leave some junk in the GPU registers or something.

6. SkyR34

SkyR34 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080
    these 66.93's are the best drivers I've ever used with my TI4200..!!
    Even running Far Cry silk smooth...on medium setting though..;)

7. omniscientist

omniscientist Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 6800 GT w/ Modified +.1v BIOS
    I'm having absolutely no problems with these drivers, in fact performance is at an all time high and IQ is looking extremely sweet. All errors with computers is usually 90% user error 10% hardware/software problems. That little estimation of course is invalid when your dealing with 6x00 vs. FX series, as it appears alot of FX series cards are having problems with these drivers, however if I still owned an FX card I would be sticking with older drivers, as they are older pieces of hardware.

8. dzutrinh

dzutrinh Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA Quadro K2000
    yeah, maybe it's time to kiss and say good bye to our FXs and get a 6x00.
    my FX got alil boost in benchies but most FX owners have problem with this set.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Agreed.

10. Jerms

Jerms Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT
    Neo2010,
    What was the issue with NBA2k5? I'm thinking of getting this game. Anything major?
    Thanks

11. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    Oh please, i don't know whether to tell you to STFU or get you a bib. You had a GT for three months before Nvidia provided a working driver? Okay...
    Hardware DVD decoding has been available using a beta driver for months, and it seems that every subsequent beta added support for more avi/divx codecs. Yes, please go back to ATI. As a person that has owned both, and i can name specific problems, both companies have had their share of problems.

12. peacetilence

peacetilence Master Guru

GPU:
    7800GTX 512 620/1.83
    I'd agree as well but I get freezing in Flatout with these drivers and some of the dualview features are bugged. I'm still using them though because they have better performance than the 61.77s and better IQ than the 66.81s. Flatout is the only game I'm having problems with so far *crosses fingers* I really hope it's not a hardware problem causing it.

13. JeffP

JeffP Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT 450/1.20
    Are you rev 02 of the Nvidia BIOS? I had some stuttering/freezing issues in Farcry with that version of bios. I changed back to the Gainward version and don't have the problem anymore. Not sure if I'm on to something or it was just a fluke.

14. Th3R1pp3r

Th3R1pp3r Guest

Where do I get the Nvidia Bios for my video card?

15. Klave

Klave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280
    This below was what I wrote in another thread, but I saw it kinda fit in here as well.

""I'm not trying to be mean or anything and I do know that DRIVERS do it or crash it.

But, but, I've had a FX 5900 card before I got the 6800 Ultra and with kind of the same setup as I have now.

I had the 66.81 drivers and I changed to these new drivers, the 66.93 and I got better scores, like going from 64000 something in AQM to 70000 something.

My point is: What do you mess with your systems that you get these problems all the time???

My system is just running stable, no problem, I play games like a maniac, and so on.

Do you clean your registry. i.e. regedit. on a regular basis?

I'm just so baffeled by your problems all the time.

Ok,ok I know that different setups is the main source of problem."" end of quote.

I rememeber, ( no ATI flame , just a fact) back in time ( Call of Duty for example) Catalyst was even going backwards in a driver for an ATI problem with this Catalyst being pulled back because that prior driver was better.

My main thing was that when you ever saw a patch (from a game-patch-release) for a graphic card dealing with issues, it was more common that it was an ATI issue.
    Hence, ATI makes very good cards, but I've seen 5 times more patches for ATI cards for game related problems then I've seen for Nvidia cards.

Now, how about the systems setups?

There're the main "problems" no matter if you're ATI or Nvidia!

16. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    70.41's are better then both, especially using hdr and overclocking your card.

17. JeffP

JeffP Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT 450/1.20
    I wouldn't use it with the Gainward. As I mentioned it had stuttering problems in Farcry which is what I think is happening to a lot of other people.

If you still want it almost all the bios's are available for download here

18. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    In their defense they eventually sorted things out. Cat's 3.2-3.7, maybe more, where a real pain in the arse. I had to jump from driver to driver depending on what game i wanted to play. I think that they never fully figured out what was causing the driver stuck in an infinite loop problem. It was a real obscure system config problem that even people with very similiar systems could not reproduce. They added the ability to automatically reset the video driver to their control panel to combat this. The last drivers that i used on my 9500 PRO were really stable and i'm glad whatever problems they had where fixed.

19. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    sm3.0 is th culprit to the hiccups guys. Ive used a 9800xt on the same system i have now, and no hiccups if you switch your shader to sm 1.1 or 2.0 and the hiccups dissappear.. its a far cry sm3.0 bug....

20. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    the game work great on 66.93 1024x768x32 4xAA and 8xAF All Setting Max
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

that why the game is not working on ya system because ya need to stop with the beta and using 5.10 n-Force Driver and 66.93WHQL Driver.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004