650D or 800D ?? need to make a discision

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bentez, Feb 25, 2012.

?

Which case for a new top end build should I get??

Poll closed Mar 3, 2012.
  1. Corsair 800D (£210)

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Corsair 650D (£130)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Other

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Hey,

I've just sold my rig and am in the process of buying its replacement but I am so lost on the case. I'm not a fan of the HAF series and really want a corsair case. I was settled on the 800D until I started reading into its lacking air flow, I can add extra fans which I'm sure will help and I may go full water cooling within its lifetime but the 650D seems to do everything the 800D does in a smaller factor. I've never own a mid size tower before, will I be limiting myself later if I choose 650D? Its certainly more reasonably priced but I had my eye on the 800D since it came out. Which should I choose??

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Hmm 80 views and no votes? I'm leaning more towards the 650D so I might just get that. I looked at the 600T as well but its abit too plastic..

3. iFRAC7UR3

iFRAC7UR3 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX 680 2Gb
    I had the same thing while choosing my rig last summer... i went with the 650D, and havnt looked back really

4. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    I just switched my case to 650d, it is a nice case. Only issue I had was get all my cabling behind the rear panel.

Edit:
    Also for some reason the window seems to scratch easily.

5. iFRAC7UR3

iFRAC7UR3 Guest

GPU:
    same here, it was a mess back there trying to get it.. and that damn glass iiis really sensetive.. i use microfiber (after a mistake from my wife) lol

but nothing really happened

6. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    I don't get it, is there something I'm missing about this case?

It doesn't even have a bottom 120mm mount. You can only mount 1 200mm fan on the top, 1 200mm infront and 1 120mm fan on the rear.

I know you're not interested in the HAF series, but a HAF 912 can do all the above (except bottom fan, which the 650D can't either) WITH a 140mm side fan for 60$ as opposed to 170$? and since you seem so inclined on spending big bucks, you should just get the HAF X/Silverstone RV03 as it's superior in every way...

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I voted other.....

8. iFRAC7UR3

iFRAC7UR3 Guest

GPU:
    its not bad.. has an elevation that creates good airflow.. real easy to use, nice design.. and with stock fans i have good temps dude

9. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    650D has been brought and I think it was the right decision for my needs,

Veteran - cool story brah

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I did vote other,i think there are better cases for the money like the Xigmatech Elysium and TJ07(with modded roof)

11. cecire

cecire Guest

GPU:
    PALIT / GeFORCE 8600GT
    I would preferred the 800d, cause it would give you alot of head room for updgrade. if i had that extra buck i would have probably bought the 800d than my graphite 600t.

But like every computer builder would say it is still up to the user and how he would be using the build. so rethink you future upgrades and expansions and work from there.

happy shopping bro!

12. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    I'm having issues with dabs delivery at the minute. Anyone that shops with dabs watch out for their PayPal service its not working!

I'm still happy with my 650D choice, brought top end fans to replace the cooling in it, very excited about building it! Will post pics of the finished build.

I'll be keeping this case until corsair bring out the successor to the 800D