1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

650D Mod Project.

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by 1Shakal, Sep 3, 2012.

1. 1Shakal

1Shakal Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 7970 RADEON HD
    What's up gurus so last week i "finished" my rig or so i thought i did but i every time i looked at i was never 100% satisfied. So for this weekend i tore the whole thing down to bare bones and started from 0. This time i will do a few mods in order to fit the parts properly instead of just velcro'ing (sp?) my way out,

I went out to home depot and got me of of theses along with some tips

[​IMG]

First thing is cut out the round mesh in the front as it blocks some air.

First go around

[​IMG]

after couple more times

[​IMG]

next step is to get rid of one of the bays as it is blocking the rad. I decided to cut the side as well. The less the better imo.

This does not look straight in the pic but it actually is as the scrapes make it all look uneven. The only thing that is not 100% perfect as of not is the corner but i will tinker with it some more tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this i drilled some holes for the rad and this is where i am right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is finish up the corners and take the thing to get powder coated on Monday. The color scheme i am going for is Orange/Black. All metal in orange and the plastics in black. I was also tinkering with the idea of orange outside and black inside. Maybe a suggestion?

Here is my professional schematic on how the tubing and such are going to be routed. Also i would love some suggestions on this as well. Note that the res is the danger den one so it will be mounted to the fans. ie res.fans.rad.

[​IMG]

Advice and Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. 1Shakal

1Shakal Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 7970 RADEON HD
    What's up guys! As projected a few great things happened today. 1 out of 3 orders came in and you guessed it i picked up the case from the powder coat shop! What i'm still waiting on. 3 Scythe Ultra Kaze fans from newegg and a full mod kit for the mcp655 from FrozenCpu all should be here by Saturday. Which means for now i can brainstorm

Pics -

The box...we all love box :)

[​IMG]

The beast fan

[​IMG]

didn't realize it came with bare wires so extra work :eek:

[​IMG]

And here is the bare case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here after the case is together

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 1Shakal

1Shakal Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 7970 RADEON HD
    Seems like no one is following but i'll post an update anyway :)

Had some time to tinker with what is going to go where and got the rads and reservoir mounted up. Had to make a few trips to hardware store as i needed a lot of different bolts and such to get everything to go together.

I had to mount fans like this so i can mount the res to the fans and it was kind of a pain since it's hard to find metric bolts in many different lengths even at home depot so i ended with this set up:

[​IMG]

The biggest task was to get the 240 rad to go together with fans and the reservoir. The 2 Delta fans will be pushing air through the radiator out of the case and the res will be mounted to the fans. Once again after long time and many different variations of hardware i ended with this:

[​IMG]

I will adjust the height of the reservoir once i receive the pump mod kit. I hope it clears the fittings on the rad but even if it does not this is where my 45 and 90 degree fittings will come in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounting the 360 was not to bad as i've had it there before. The only thing is no the Ultra Kaze's are 38mm instead if my old 25mm fans so it was a really tight fit between the fans and motherboard heat sink.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now. Not much else i can do until my pump parts get here so i can start routing the tubing and bringing it back to life :)