64bit Processor, which windows version to use ?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by matrix301, Dec 4, 2004.

1. matrix301

matrix301 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X800XT [520/560]
    Hey, damn it, I'm getting a new amd athlon64 3500+ but hell now im hearing about a new windows called windows xp pro 64 bit which is appearently for 64 bit processor like mine ! wuhhh, now im very loss with that ****, i know that 64 bit processor doesnt required a 64 bit plaform so i should work on xp pro standard but i have downloaded 64bit from microsoft just to test, now the great question im wondering, should i install it or ill be better with xp pro standard, all sure iwth latest sp (2) :p meh so i want the best performence both desktop and games, which one will you recommend me ? and what are the difference cuz me and im sure some other are loss like me. thx

2. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    You dont want to touch xp64 yet. Sure if you want to load it, and play around with the desktop for a bit...thats fine. But a lot of current games dont run properly on it...or not at all. And 64bit software is still extremely rare. I loaded it, and reinstalled xp a day later. Its going to rule when there is 64 bit software out there, but until then...

3. JRS

JRS Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 6800GT @ 380, 1050
    Huh. I've been using XP-64bit as my primary OS since the beta became available. So far, it's been completely stable. All my software has worked fine with it, I have drivers for all the hardware I'm running and the OS is noticeably quicker than XP Pro 32bit in my case.

4. compgeek89

compgeek89 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    Do a dual boot system and put the 64 bit on the second partition.

5. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Really. What games do you run? "All" your software works fine with it? If you want the ability to play a lot of games out there, I doubt all of them run without issues in 64. Some reviews I have read say there was a bit of a performance drop in some games in 64. Could be beta drivers, code etc., who knows for sure right now. But its overall a waste of time right now...imo.

6. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3090ti
    I had windows 64 working great on my machine apart for driver for my cannon printer and the main game i play online Sof2 worked so good it was like another ver of the game

BUT

I went onto a Punkbusted sever and got kicked for no 32 bit client showing up so that will have to be fixed by PB guys

7. JRS

JRS Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 6800GT @ 380, 1050
    Grand Prix Legends, NASCAR Racing 2003 Season, Combat Flight Sim 2 and 3, Evil Genius, Bridge Commander and FlatOut on the games front. AutoCADs R14 and 2005, Catia V5, Nero 6 Ultra, Office 2003, DC++ and a few physics modelling/calculation programs are the other things installed atm.

Maybe I got lucky :) Going to stick UT2004 on this rig tonight to see how that performs, and when I get home from Uni I'll try FarCry (left my disc at home....d'oh!).

I'm still using build 1069 of XP-64 (current public build is 1218), as there seemed little point upgrading when this version worked fine. Before I leave uni for xmas I'll d/l 1218 and stick it on a seperate partition to test it out.

8. compgeek89

compgeek89 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    Those people at PB are idiots. They have ruined the games. I get kicked because of authenication crap all the time. They need to be removed.

9. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3090ti
    I have to say your really wrong they have stopped so much crap that at 1 point i stopped playing online games for a while because of cheating scum