60hz refreshrate

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by mj8181, Oct 12, 2005.

1. mj8181

mj8181 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800Xl Ultimate Pci-e
    Hi!

I have a sapphire x800xl ultimate with 5.9 catalyst drivers. I used refreshforce to set refreshrates and it worked fine for a couple of days. Then suddenly one day my winxp booted in 60hz and I got stuck att 60 hz. I then reinstalled my monitor driver and was able to get 85hz in windows. BUT, I can´t get any higher than 60hz in games, even though I used resfreshforce again. Also tried refreshlock and powerstrip. What to do, what to do?
    And yeh, I´ve tried searching the forum but with no luck.
    Thx for any help!

2. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    The Catalyst Control Panel should have a tab for Displays and you can set the refresh rate to be "Same as Desktop."

3. hartofalyon

hartofalyon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9800 GT 512mb
    yup, this should work.

but the refreshforce should also work. i'm curious as to why this failed. maybe a reinstall of the video drivers and monitor drivers will work.

4. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I noticed when installing new drivers for vidcard,the monitor string in registry gets refreshed also,leaving me with double references.
    Do this a couple of times and you end up with 10 or so driver strings for monitor.Now i use reforce.exe and it shows me the multiple monitors i can set,but only one works when running a game.
    So the easiest for me is to go in to registry and search for the name of my monitor,it's pretty simple since it's a philips.Then i remove every reference to the philips monitor without removing the main monitor key.
    After a reboot only 1 monitor gets installed and now reforce.exe has the monitor list greyed out with 1 philipsmonitor listed,i make the settings and it works fine.
    Only thing is i have to do this every time i change videocard drivers.
    Also i had this with win98se,so winxp is no exception to that.

This was also with a TI4400 nvidia card.

5. mj8181

mj8181 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800Xl Ultimate Pci-e
    Well I "solved" it....just needed to turn off "use DDC-information" for the monitor under the monitorsettings