5ghz overclock club

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by RPGgamesplayer, Dec 2, 2011.

1. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Well I don't see why people would have to lie about it in the first place, it's not like there's a prize waiting to be won, most of the forum members are grown men / women, so seriously your asking of proof for something most sandybridges can achieve is pretty pointless in my honest opinion,

2. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So first people complain that everything is fake and there are no pics, then you give them pics and they say those are fake and shopped or whatever...

anyways, I already posted this in the other thread but fine.

Changes since then, I upped the voltage to 1.51 on vcore, relaxed the timings on ram to 10-11-11-30 so it runs more stable. the vcore is prolly too high but thats what vdroop is for.

[​IMG]

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Veteran is just like that.

SB OC's insanely well. Some people hit 5.2GHZ stable, but of course every chip is different.

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    I can run imy 2600k at 5Ghz with HT with volts below 1.5v load and keep temps at around 70c but only just got it stable at 4.8Ghz with HT (before going Custom H20) so haven't had the time or need to try for 5Ghz Stable 24/7. Might do it in the near future, temps are good so no biggie.

5. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3090 FO48U
    Here's mine 24/7 with HT enable and EIST enable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  6. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    I think that everything above 1,4 V is entering into a fast degrading zone for your CPU,but hey,for the time being I am happy with a 4,8 GHz at 1,37,later on I am going to that hot zone as well:)

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Yeah ideally one wouldn't go above 1.4.. but meh when I was buying this chip I was dead set on 5ghz no matter how high the pos had to be overvolted. 1.45 is right on the limit I think, I wont bump it any higher. I managed to get the PLL down to 1.55 to compensate for the high vcore. Should be safe.

Been reading the degrading thread with interest, it seems some batches seem to degrade easier than others.. all luck.

As long as not running stress testing programs constantly I think the chip should be fine.

All chips have a set in period and then they should level out voltage wise. My old Q9650 levelled out after 6 months. Then I ran it at 1.6v for 3 years without issue. Strong chip that one was lol, other folk with Q9650's had fried chips with only 1.5. All luck, some chips are just more resilient that others.

No way would I risk pushing this SB to the brink like that though.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  8. att_user

att_user Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5870 2 GB
    If i had the money to buy a replacement i would do it. :D :D :D

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Source?

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Higher voltages won't degrade your CPU. as long as it's properly cooled.

My Q6600 needs 1.46-1.47v to run 3.3GHZ stable in P95. Ran it like this for about 5 years now.

11. angmar

angmar Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Founders
    Nonsense..... my brother has been running his sempron 140 at 1.5v for years....I used to run my i5 760 at 1.45v for 2 years...and sold it to a friend who is happily running it at the same clocks an voltage to this day. As long as your keeping it properly cooled the cpu will far outlast its use.

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Sandy Bridge is far more sensitive than past chips and there are reports of degradation at 1.45 and loads of degradation at 1.5.

Luck of the draw end of the day, I ran my q9650 at 1.6 for years while others have had theirs die at 1.5.

13. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    My source:logic.

So,you think that a higher than specified voltage don't do anything to the CPU,yeah i had a q6600 for years with a higher Vcore,but it doesnt mean that the degradation cant take place with any chip.
    And that even the properly cooled overclocked CPUs gave up the ghost for no reason?Than what is the cause of going to electrograveyard,pollution?
    To be safer i choose not to go higher than 1,4 for the time being,you:do whatever you want of course.

14. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    Well,maybe the better term here is that anything higher than 1,4V will potentially get the circuits to the faster degrading zone.
    I am also pretty conservative cause my system has less than 2 months:)

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh its ur opinion fair enough. thought you were stating a fact

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

16. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  17. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Finally my Thermalright Archon cooler arrived today, and finally i can join the club:D ...got to say im really happy with the cooler, i have 2 scythe 140mm fans and they do a good job keeping it cool. I think i can go higher than 5ghz cause it looks like i got lucky with a nice chip, but i will settle for now with this.

[​IMG][/IMG]

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Looks like a great chip Wormwood, most 2500k need at least 1.45v for 5Ghz.

19. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    thanks but it seems my luck bit my ass cause not sure what got fried...either the cpu or the mobo ..im leaning towards the mobo but i will go tomorrow and try my cpu in another rig just to be sure,after that i'll send my mobo to RMA. Dunno why this happened tough... for cpu voltage i didnt exceed 1.4v ever and temps were in place under 70 mostly 72 most. I also changed Core Current limit to 231w ,the other two limits cant remember how they are called ...the short duration limit was 200w and the long duration was 230w for 1 sec. the ram was using the XMP profile with 1.5v , CPU PLL was 1.709v..default is 1.800v , and PCH voltage was 1.200v..default is 1.050v(maybe this fried something? ) so...not sure what i did wrong.

PS. 6 seconds after i stopped prime95 with no errors after 1 hour my PC froze than shut down, tried dozens of resets also tried clearing cmos. but nothing...altough the first tries i managed to go into the bios but after i saved the settings it stopped booting, than when i tought i got lucky it managed to boot into bios again...settings were default...then when i tried to save and exit my bios froze and since that i didnt manage to boot it,i've took my pc apart and reinstalled everything and nothing, i took out the ram no beeps no nothing.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    why did you raise the pch to 1.200v?