5G ON: T-Mobile 5G Network is Activated in the USA

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 3, 2019.

1. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Y'know what else will heat up brain tissue? Aluminum foil when it is wrapped around your head. I suggest you take off your hat made of it...

Also, how exactly is citing sources from a cancer prevention site shilling (note the spelling...) for tech companies? For the record, I have a phone that was worth $40 new and doesn't even have a fully working data plan. I don't give a crap about 5G or any high-speed mobile broadband, but I'm not about to get scared by myths perpetuated from the 1970s.

EDIT:
    As for lead, it has only been recently discovered how harmful it (and other heavy metals) are to the brain. A lot of houses use lead paint. Ancient Rome used lead for plumbing (hence the atomic symbol of lead: Pb, for plumbum), as well as an artificial sweetener. Lead was used in fuel because of it's anti-knocking properties. At the time, there weren't a lot of better options. Of course the oil companies cared about profit, but lead didn't exactly make fuel more profitable to them, it was something customers wanted. That is, until everyone discovered it was toxic.

Why do scaremongers think they can be trusted with a complete lack of data or a fundamental understanding of the subject at hand?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Ridiric and airbud7 like this.
  2. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Asking the real questions and ignoring the tin-foil trolls.
    Anyone know if it's "Stand Alone" 5G?

Venix and Ridiric like this.
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Covering more than '200 million' the number that can actually access it is the tens of thousands currently at anything over standard 4G speeds. I can't even get a reliable CDMA never mind LTE signal. Just to be clear, I'm not addressing Hilbert but T-Mobiles claims.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 12:43 AM
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What do you mean 'stand alone'. These are in addition to the existing network not a replacement.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    As someone who worked in the field and worked on cell phone design back in the early late 90's early 2000's, I just have to step in here, and say you're completely wrong. Every electronic device has limits PRIMARILY so it DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH OTHER DEVICES. Now, please, be less preposterous and uninformed in your arguments, thanks.

Ridiric likes this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I did indeed read it - wether it specifically tests cellphones, or simply the RF radiation that cellphones also emit, is largely irrelevant... as cellphones also emit it.

Regardless of what people on the interwebz say, i am absolutely certain that this is tech isn't without consequences for humans and animals health - just like alot of other stuff throughout history, which wasn't tested before being cashed in for profit.

Passus likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    In the general matter, I 100% agree with the bold part.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I agree, that's why I have said that I don't see the issue with cancer. Resonating though can cause heating or pains. It's quite irrelevant to the powers that we use for phones, but I wouldn't e.g. sit on a microwave while it's working.

EM waves in these frequencies are literally everywhere all the time, but for some reason we don't see major issues with cancer epidemic. Oh and btw, you can also use radio frequencies to cure cancer, by heating a cancerous spot. Would be kinda silly if doctors used thing that develops cancer to treat it, don't you think ?

airbud7 and schmidtbag like this.
  9. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    There is 5G NSA (which is 5G SW on 4G HW), and 5G SA (which is "true" 5G).
    There's also "5G Evolution" which is actually 4G+. AT&T's "5G E" was actually slower than T-Mobile's 4G.

I'm betting that this launch is 5G NSA, which is not true 5G. So maybe you'll get somewhat higher bandwidth, and slightly better latency, but not anywhere near true 5G numbers, especially on the lower latency part.

Edit: just wanted to add that both "Samsung Note 10+ 5G" and "OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren" have NSA 5G in it.
    Qualcomm's first SA 5G chips are X55 (on SD865) and X52 (SD765/765G); not X50 (SD855).
    "Exynos 980" and "Kirin 990 5G" support SA 5G.
    So you won't see true 5G until you have true 5G network on true 5G phones.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 12:19 PM
    The Reeferman likes this.
  10. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    phone-radiation cause cancer : yes and no, simply because not everyone have equal/same genetics ... then people might say its just their genetic that prone to cancer, yet it also have possibility that the radiation have some effect to those people, similar to sun-uv-ray that can cause cancer.
    for some, like those people work in plantation got sun-bathing everyday and got no cancer. While there are people that got cancer from minor sunbathing

"5G make things worse" imho it is simply by simple logic, that 5G need much higher freq. (30Ghz~300Ghz compared below 6Ghz 4G).... and with that the range is limited thus for 5G network it need more broadcast-towers. By imagination its obviously worse than 4G.
    But the effect to human is yet to be proven, well there some reports that some people got headache with 5G, so things back like i said on top.

now say if things only happen to minority of people, is it okay to ditch them (let them get pain from headache or even dead to cancer) .. simply because majority of people is just fine ?

i personally feel no point trying to prove which is correct, but having some people that more cautions to it (5G radiation related) better that none
    i mean just imagine, people just carefree... and IF all sudden cancer growth increased without any warning then it will be to late for us , no ?

11. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    It's really tiring to see this cancer nonsense on every 5G news article.

Any ordinary light-bulb (LED, fluorescent, traditional, a candle...) emits a HUGE amount of energy compared to 5G emissions.
    I don't see anyone complaining about light-bulbs or candles giving cancer through their energy emissions.

Lets please stick to the news.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 1:23 PM
  12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    This is a new level of arrogance that I have a hard time beleiving. So, just because it emits a signal (not even the same one), regardless of wattage, that's enough to be a problem to you? By that logic, how are you not dead right now from avoiding literally everything? Pick something we take into our bodies, anything you can imagine, and you'll find there is such thing as a harmful dose/quantity. So should you just suffocate because oxygen in high quantities can kill you? Should you never step outside again because the sun exists? Should you avoid salt in everything you eat?
    And yet you're on a tech forum.... weird priorities...

Venix and airbud7 like this.
  13. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Can we agree to stop feeding the trolls and to keep on topic?

A few posts back I asked about it being 5G SA (real 5G) or NSA (pre-5G), and nobody seems to know the answer.

14. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I'm sure they've caged a monkey, gave it a 5g phone and placed it near a 5g tower for years just to test for cancer.

[​IMG]

Result: monkey is now hooked on Facebook....:p

Backstabak, Venix and HandR like this.
  15. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Yeah we are the monkeys

Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.

16. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    pfft people with tinfoil hats ...they did not even consider to make a Faraday cage and wrap it in tinfoil to wear like a hat ....pffft amateurs ! This will also protect your brain from becoming a gel after it was microwaved by those deadly plaques ..called phones !

sykozis likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    *Angry Huawei Noises*

18. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Nothing you said proves anything. I hope you realize that. We simply haven't done enough studies. You aren't using science. You are literally using bad logic. Hey this worked before, so this has to work now. Please stop with this BS. Plenty of people have issues with 5G. Entire countries have issues with it. Military even has issues with it.

19. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Except I am not uninformed. They don't have proper long-term studies on any of this. Nothing you have said is even remotely logical. You realize you just used a fallacy, appealing to authority, to provide proof of something you can't claim right? Don't be hopeless in an argument, because you won't win with someone like me. Your rabidly idiotic insinuations about tinfoil hats, ignorance, et cetera, are duly noted in their ironic nature.

The parameter used to measure the radiation emitted by cell phones is the specific absorption rate (SAR) given in units of Watts of power absorbed per kilogram of tissue (W/kg). The permissible upper limit for cell phones set by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is 1.6 W/kg of RF radiation.Dec 14, 2018

For somebody who worked on cellphones, you literally have no qualifications whatsoever on these standards. They don't even involve you.

For someone that comes in here talking about uninformed people, you make no sense at all. SAR limits have nothing to do with interference, genius. They have EVERYTHING to do with safety standards for radiation involved with human organs.

You just said every electronic device, meaning you are making absolute declarations here, has them primarily so it doesn't interfere with other frequencies. I just objectively proved you wrong.

I always love these hard hitting posts. I worked in this industry 20 years ago. It's fine! OKAY, WHATEVER YOU SAY DAD!

How about I'll just wait for better, independent science that is not paid for by shills? In the meantime, I'll keep skepticism with me K bud?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 10:14 PM
    The Reeferman likes this.
  20. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1
    Stop with the crap about radiation.

Is 5G dangerous?
    Although 5G may improve our day to day lives, some consumers have voiced concern about potential health hazards. Many of these concerns are over 5G's use of the higher energy millimeter-wave radiation.

"There's often confusion between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation because the term radiation is used for both," said Kenneth Foster, a professor of bioengineering at Pennsylvania State University. "All light is radiation because it is simply energy moving through space. It's ionizing radiation that is dangerous because it can break chemical bonds."

Ionizing radiation is the reason we wear sunscreen outside because short-wavelength ultraviolet light from the sky has enough energy to knock electrons from their atoms, damaging skin cells and DNA. Millimeter waves, on the other hand, are non-ionizing because they have longer wavelengths and not enough energy to damage cells directly.

Source> https://www.livescience.com/65959-5g-network.html

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019 at 8:10 PM