5870CF performance badly in Test Drive Unlimited 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by mao5, Feb 7, 2011.

1. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    The fact that youre running at 1440x900 confirms that this game is poorly coded imho mate.
    Id expect stable 40fps without dips on a hd5770,still it manages do go below to 30's.

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270 2GB
    But my CPU is a bit of a bottleneck lets be honest, plus I'm only using 2GB of DDR2 ram. Not saying it's not badly coded because for a game that's running Dx9 and looks as it does it should be flying and the only time I see more than 45fps is when I use the map.

But I do think people need to take into consideration a little more the sheer size of the game and it being persistently online.

3. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Your cpu can be an obstacle but its not influencing the game in any way, let alone the culprit of the bad performance.
    The game isnt beatiful by any means, its pretty yes, but its not outstanding, plus it runs on DX9.
    I agree with all you say, im only sayin that a good pc like mine (ok maybe the gpu isnt that good) with a Sandy Bridge and 8gb of ram underperforms with this game. The game is excessively gpu bound, thats for sure, and still is far from being optimized as TDU1.
    Ive seen peoples with GTX580/480/570 achieving just 65fps maxed out. Consider the engine and what it delivers id expect to hit 90fps constant.
    And lets not talk about stutter or framedips, even when theres nothing on screen.

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270 2GB
    No you're right of course KZ. I'm just ever so slightly nostalgic TDU is back.

I've started noticing very odd mini black screen flashes while playing now also, I'm still running Cat 10.10 drivers so not sure whether to change or not. Could just be another game bug.

5. mao5

mao5 Master Guru

GPU:
    5870CF
    8xAA ingame or through CCC ? and what's the cat drv version?

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    AA 8x in-game and Cat 11.1a 26jan.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  7. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    that did the trick, its actually playable now, the game looks pretty good at high res, the draw distance is huge :)

8. mao5

mao5 Master Guru

GPU:
    5870CF
    5870cf 1920x1200 AA 8x Very high settings (AA 8x in-game and Cat 11.1a 26jun) succeed, compared with no Bioshock CFX profile and no RadeonPro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  9. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Is this game any good ?
    Is it similar to NFS HP ?
    I saw in a review that the AI sucks and the races are way too easy .. is this true?
    Does the performace suck?

Let me know
    Sorry just want to know before I pick up my pre order.

10. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    wow u have a future drivers! can i have it? i wana try it on my pc
    maybe i get more performance of it XD

lol just kidding dude :)

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Nice :)

There are few issues with flickering textures sometimes, but during races it's fine.

Oooops, you got me :banana:

Fixed ;)

12. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    @japamd, thanks a lot for all your hard work, without people like you and Von we'd be pretty bad off here in AMD land.

I truly believe AMD will eventually get these bugs sorted out, until then please stick with us lol.

13. tripmo

tripmo New Member

GPU:
    XFX 5770 XXX CF
    Hey everyone. I have lots of problems with my ATI XFX 5770 XXX CF graphics cards.
    The game in running on 30FPS or lower. I have installed the latest Ati drivers 11.2.

I see you people talking about this RadeonPro. But I don't have it. I have Catalyst drivers.
    Should I uninstall my Catalyst drivers, and CCC. And then install the RadeonPro drivers?
    And how can you upload for example the Bioshock Profile in RadeonPro.

Sorry never ever used this RadeonPro thing.
    Can anyone help me out?

14. tripmo

tripmo New Member

GPU:
    XFX 5770 XXX CF
    waiting and waiting and nobody helping me out. Thx -.-

15. AxelL

AxelL Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Radeon pro is not a driver, you keep your driver, and install radeonpro. There is a topic just for that application, please read that, how to use it!

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti+KS800 TV
    I agree. The help is already out there. Just search for it.

17. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Sorry to bump this but just picked up TDU2 on the steam sale and I have been trying to get the same results but even when radeonpro works with the game, ie - the directx9 logo showing when the game loads - the AFR is definatly not working, neither are scissor or supertile mvpu setting. Perhaps a conflict with newer drivers/profiles or a game update? Or is the AFR still working with TDU2 for you lot?

I tried advanced on off + bioshock/friendly afr profile and all the mvpu modes and all the results are the same as crossfire off (22fps). gfwl/sc2 + uplauncher in settings.

Thanks again been trying for quite a while with this. on the other hand, helped me fix the origin looping in bf3 ;0) any help is much appreciated

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  18. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280x
    I get far better FPS with the F.E.A.R profile.

19. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    thanks, i just tried both fears, amd a few settings with the same results, it just seems like it is disabled no matter what setting i choose... software conflict preventing the setting perhaps? im using the steam version

edit: i never set the working directory, will give it a go but the rest of the settings are ok, thanks

nope no luck. Perhaps it was disabled in a recent patch.. have you visited ibiza recently?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  20. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti+KS800 TV
    Same here managaroo. I bought this game from day 1 when they said that they were looking into crossfire. Never happened. Over that time I have tried all sorts of configs and suggestions. Nothing worked for me.