5870: DVI + HDMI Issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Viventis, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Viventis

Viventis Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI 5870
    I recently bought a long HDMI cable from Monoprice so that I could connect my 5870 to the computer monitor with the DVI output and the 37" 1080p LCD TV in the corner with the HDMI output. Generally, it works great. I can play Blueray movies on the TV using my computer BRD burner/player. Racing and other controller games work great as do photo slide shows and Netflix streaming. However, there are a couple glitches: (Win 7, 64: AMD 11.2, 11.3 and 11.4)

I think the HDMI audio driver in the AMD driver package sometimes conflicts with my Creative X-fi Gamer. For the first time, I started getting sound loop freezes in Bad Company 2. Once, after booting, I didn't get sound at all through my PC speakers (even though they were selected in Windows sound manager) Oddly, re-installing the AMD driver package without the HDMI audio driver solves the conflict, and I still get audio through the HDMI on the TV?! Windows driver maybe?

The most annoying thing that has occurred is that my gaming sessions are interrupted by the screen in Windows where I am asked whether I want to change my screen display properties to Windows Basic. Selecting the "No, and don't remind me again" option solves this until I load another game. Anyone know how to stop this?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    changed your theme to windows classic
    there is another setting in right click my computer and select advanced settings and then click settings and then tick on adjust computer for best performance

it wont ask you to switch to basic mode anymore cause you will already be in it

i been running windows classic theme since windows 2000

its funny because after i adjust my settings after every new release of windows it looks exactly like windows 2000
    lol