580 tf II weird interference

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by yameconoces, Oct 4, 2011.

1. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    hello guys, i have a new vga, it´s the MSI N580GTX TWIN FROZR II, y just buy the last week,

the problem is that when i play any game and the vga its in full load, i see a weird horizontals lines, like bad sintonization on tv, or like if you put a speaker behind a crt

i have:
    -monitor: samsung p2350, lcd
    -cpu: i7 930, oc 3600 mhz 1.30 v
    -mem: 24 gb ddr3 hiper x 1600 mhz.
    -psu: xfx core edition 850 watts bronze.
    -mobo: gigabyte x58a-ud3r

what do you think it could be?

i read a lot about it, and i dont really arrive to any solution.

change-frecuency from 60 to 59 monitor
    -change video card: I put a 8800 gt, then a gtx 285 and did not do any,
    -change pci-e slot on my motherboard: x16 and then another one x8 and continued doing
    -change the cables running pci-e of the plate,
    lower-frequency
    driver-uninstall 275.33
    -reinstall 275.33
    -uninstall 275.33
    -install 270.6
    -uninstall 270.6
    re-install 275.33
    -change the DVI to VGA connector (use a purchased there, then the xfx 8800, and finally a ati 5870)
    -change resolution 1600 x 900 and still doing that...
    -lcd monitor samsung change the 23 "(P2350) vga connection for a Samsung T260HD (also full hd) and thinking that maybe it was because I tried it ...... LCD with a CRT 17" 1280 x 1024 VGA connection and same.

-and lastly, to avoid assumptions, I did a clean install of windows 7 x64 on a formatted disk with drivers 270.66 and then 275.33, and after the new 280.26
    It should be clarified with everything I did not see any change in the interference that appeared on the monitor.

as I try to think that my mother was the gulty... then i test into another cpu that i have in my home, a athlon x2, the mother is m2n-mx asus se plus, and the still doing that noise....

and to make sure the problem was not the current of my house or my computer, I went to the house of a fellow faculty that has a 980 in a gigabyte i7 X58A-UD7 Powercool powered by a 1000w.
    , we get the msi and got 285 of the 580 and the same.
    -with the default Windows installer and the driver 280.26

by the way sorry for my bad english, im from argentina.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    nobody has any idea about what it could be happening?

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Hm i saw this once somewhere at Nvidia.forums, same issue as you, it only happened if it was under full load..idk where it was exactly (either GF500 series sub forum, or somewhere in driver section),
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=idx

Well for starters you can disable HDMI audio driver in device manager, that's if you're not using HDMI.

Then you can try a little higher voltage, 7-14mv should be enough..

Also check for newer gpu bios?

If no one else replies here, you can try more luck @ MSI.support forums
    http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ghs22vbstg51j72jgfeucgqg20&board=9.0

4. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    thanks thehunter, im going to check the links that you giveme.

5. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    Wow someone that actually did a lot of troubleshooting. The card does it no matter what else you do and even does it in another computer and other video cards are okay?

If that's all true, return the card for another one.

6. St. bluedrop

St. bluedrop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII@950MHz
    This is normal with VGA. I've got GTX 570 TFIII and before that two GTX 460 in SLi.

You have to upgrade to HDMI or DVI I don't know why that solves the problem but it does.

7. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    bigpipe, i have this one because i already changed a 560 TFII telling my seller that my 560 had a trouble when it was on full load, and they give me this one, of course i had to pay the diference between both of them, but they had no problem to make me the change, actually they answered me really faster.

and again i have the same problem on this video card just when i install it......i dont know, but i think that it cant be the video card, i mean, i cant have such bad luck. i think that it could be anything else, because the 560 that i change i only have it for 4 months, and now this in the first day.....what do you think.

mr bluedrop you are telling me that you had a vga monitor in the past and it gave you weird horizontal stripes/lines? because i have to say you, im worry about the vga.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  8. St. bluedrop

St. bluedrop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII@950MHz
    Trust me mate no need to worry. Its only because you use an a VGA monitor this issue is very common.

9. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    bluedrop you open me the heaven, you dont know how much i was worried about it, now i just have to test......but with dvi or hdmi, or do you think that its the same?

I hope this will be the solution.

10. St. bluedrop

St. bluedrop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII@950MHz
    I'm 100% sure. I still use my VGA monitor as my second and my HDMI as primary.
    You can even try it on your tv if it has HDMI there will be no issues.

Although don't forget to enable vsync.

11. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    thanks , now i just have to find someone who has a dvi/ hdmi monitor.

:).

12. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

Okay, that really changes everything if the old card did the same thing. I did not understand you to mean you are actually using the vga input, when you said vga i thought you reffered to the vga card(580). Your monitor and the other one you tested on both have dvi so why are you using a vga cable anyway?

"-lcd monitor samsung change the 23 "(P2350) vga connection for a Samsung T260HD (also full hd) "

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001377

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001281

Did you by any chance use the same vga cable on all of these monitors?

Ya try the dvi cable

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  13. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    bigpipe, you have to be kidding me:p, I did not realize that the t260hd had dvi conection....
    im from argentina, and you are not going to believe but over here, in this side of the globe, at least the 2350 in argentina have only the vga conection.
    check:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-128453934-monitor-lcd-23-samsung-p2350-fuli-hd1920x1080-500001-_JM

and when i went to my friend´s house i only used his vga conection because he had his 285 (which by the way only have dvi inputs ) but i think that he used the vga cable because maybe

and no i dont use the same vga cable.
    But today im going to go to another friend´s house for connect my pc in his new brand p2770h, i think if it fails there im going to change it again.

The only bad thing is that my seller lives in Buenos Aires, 1000 km / 620 miles from where I live, but no matter if I have change it again Im going to do.

by the way thanks guys, because in this forum i recieve more help than any other even within the msi forum, i have to say thanks!
    if you want to know what i do with my pc, check my website, http://english.contacto3dmr.com.ar/ , i know it has nothing to do with the topic, but hey I wanted to share it with you because you were interested in giving me a hand.

14. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    in a few more hours im going to test in the 2770, i hope that it work, i am crossing my fingers.

15. SmOgER

SmOgER Active Member

GPU:
    __
    Check your VGA cable. Unplug all other AC devices.
    Try to enable spread spectrum in BIOS.

16. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 570
    It could be EMI
    Try put some clamp filters on the power cables of the PSU and monitor. VGA cables usually already have these filters, the big round thing at both ends of the cables...
    [​IMG]

17. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    hey guys, i finally can check my vga in the p2770h, and on that monitor i have no interference, so im going to buy it in this week, thanks to every body who reply in this topic giving me a solution.

18. yameconoces

yameconoces Member

GPU:
    msi 580 twin frozr II
    hello guys, i few weeks ago i created this post because i though that my 580 it was broken, but right now i have my new p2770h, i am using the dvi cable, and i have to tell you, it looks fine, i dont have anymore this weird interference, anyway, thanks for all you guys who answer this topic.

and for the guy who tellme that why i use vga cable with my p2350, its becaus my model is the p2350n, only with vga :(