580 sli not enough need tri!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Krogtheclown, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Hey Dork try gaming in 5760x1080 before you pass judgement, not that you opinion means **** to anyone here.
    How's that for and attitued=/ :banana:

2. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Should post a pic up next time your there, quite interested.. What resolution is is eyefinity setup, And i assume hes running 3 projectors ?

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No it's not safe to assume that. There is no porting of the game from the console according to Crytek.

4. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    3 projectors, but each one can only handle 1280x720 (thats what he gets for shopping in hong kong, haha)

5. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

hahaa did he know they only support up to 720p?? I bet hes spewing lol, I wanna get 3x projectors which support full 1080P.. quite expensive though.. Lookin at around 6000$ for 3..

6. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    lol, he didnt know at the time, he found out when they arrived over here. its not too bad though considering he only spent $1500AU though.

7. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

1500 for all three is quite good but I wouldn't run tha resolution hehe

8. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    Thanks for the great read, thread was fun lol.

I don't think ya'll should be telling OP an extra card is a waste of money etc etc etc. If you can afford it and want it why not. This is a hardcore PC forum after all.

ALSO. I had no idea there were 3gig 580s out now. REALLY regret buying these new 560 SOC cards now lol.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  9. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    lol? the 3gig 580s arent that great yet though. maybe for those running surround vision, but for a single monitor, 560s are awesome. still deciding whether or not i need a second one at 1080p, haha.

10. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    Yea a waste of money would have been to have 3 monitors and have to run games @ Xbox quality levels. I'd say anything less then 3 x 580"s @ 5760 x 1080 is a waste of money.

11. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    I have 3 120hz screens in front of me atm. The extra ram would have been oh so handy for surround :( Big res or not i like my AA so 1gig doesn't always cut it on 1 screen let alone 3. Get another 560, you know you want to :p The SoC is mind blowingly fast for its price imho. I would have got 3 if you could Tri-SLI them lol.

12. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    ahh, so you do have 3 screens. in that case, wait for the 590s and buy a pair of those babies! hahahaha. you should be able to come close to 120fps in some games on all screens with the 590s if they can get it scaling properly.

13. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    I had 2 5970's they where a big problem never seen quads run good for either side.

14. TARNY

TARNY Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    what voltage is your cpu set at 4.0Ghz . I have the i5-760 and cant get it stable at 4.0Ghz. all my games crash it.

15. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    1.344v but whats your ram set to? my ram has no problem making it to 2100mhz. you may want to drop back the ram multi and by the way I leave my MB on auto volts dont have to touch it till I hit 4.2.

16. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

I had 2x 5970s at one stage also they were great cards but running 4x gpus did have problems, they got the scaling wrong in the earlier days.. Seems to be improving a lot lately.. Just hope both and and nvidia get there dual gnu cards plerfect..