580 sli not enough need tri!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Krogtheclown, Jan 31, 2011.

1. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Damn, you just nearly doubled your frames compared to the dual card setup. Nice.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  2. poo417

poo417 Guest

GPU:
    Good to hear the third card has helped. Also glad to hear you are not having problems with running the third card in games. It seems to be flaky at the moment tri-sli and surround. Some games get -ve scaling some crash and some run very well.

The only odd thing is the very low min fps at 4xaa. Seems to be a big difference compared to 2xaa. I might need to install warhead again to see if I get the same effect. I never really noticed but I assume I was running at only 2xaa.

3. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    LMAO

There was 1 spot on the Bench where it "froze" for a split second and thats where the min camp from. I might try play the game for awhile to see how it does in 4aa. I played the opening seen in crysis from the plane it ran around 60fps @ 2aa and looked unbelieveable. Its so sad that after 3 years no game looks near that good.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  4. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Don't worry, Crysis 2 is just around the corner ;p

5. xinhang

xinhang Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 SSC
    Crysis 2 will be a console port. I don't think it will beat the original in terms of IQ.

6. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I think it will beat Crysis 1 easily in terms of effects, post processing and lighting. Maybe not texture quality etc. But you never know, maybe they'll include optional higher resolution textures, shadows, and more complex shader and particle effects in the PC version.

7. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

still to this day no card can make crysis yet..

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Crytek have already said that Crysis2 will at least match the original Crysis game in texture quality, lighting wise, post processing etc.. it should be better.

I highly doubt that it will be as nice looking as the original due to the settings of the games, but from a technical point of view it will be better.

9. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    If I was playing in 1920x1080 I would hope for the most but now @ this res I feel like I have to start all over again.

10. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

1x 30" is more then enough for my needs unlezz they bring out bezel free monitors, then i'd run a 3 monitor setup again.. sold my setup after a month:D

11. Andypandy1991

Andypandy1991 Master Guru

GPU:
    3 x gtx 580's PNY
    How is it a console port when the original was made for pc?

12. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    look up the LG bezel-less TVs. i think they start from 32 inch. having 3 of those babies side by side would definitely be awesome.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  13. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    Wow.. I dont even notice them when I play I'd never go back to 1 monitor again now way! I feel like i cant see anything now when i play with one which only happens with mass effect 2. Not sure I'd even get the 3rd now without them fixing that.

14. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    What does it matter what the original was made for? Crysis 2 is made for consoles as well as PC, and since consoles are the lowest denominator of graphics processing power, it's safe to assume that the PC version will be, to an extent, a console port in that regard.

15. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    As suspected then, had nothing to do with a vram bottleneck but pure gpu power.

Feels good to be right :)

16. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Sever cant find them mate?

@krog, Yeah i must admit for editing and running multiple programs it was sick man..

17. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    [/QUOTE]Also glad to hear you are not having problems with running the third card in games. It seems to be flaky at the moment tri-sli and surround. Some games get -ve scaling some crash and some run very well.

The only odd thing is the very low min fps at 4xaa. Seems to be a big difference compared to 2xaa. I might need to install warhead again to see if I get the same effect. I never really noticed but I assume I was running at only 2xaa.[/QUOTE]

When I'm gaming I have to run in vsync or I have lots of problems. BFBC2 is always a problem after contacting company rep he told me to turn settings all the way down or run 1 screen..............BWWAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAA

18. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

yeah bf2bc always has issues wether you have one screen or two cards or 1 card.. it never happily runs without any issues..

19. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This. Or any game... Collosal waste of money in my opinion, lol, even if you're loaded

edit: OP has an attitude =/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  20. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    http://www.lg.com/ae/home-entertainment/lcd-tv-led-tv-plasma-tv/LG-lcd-tv-32SL80.jsp

the new borderless range has launched in most countries, but hasnt found its way to australia yet. radio rentals have some of the older borderless models in stock though.

3 borderless TVs are epic for eyefinity/surround vision. almost as epic as my mate's setup. he has a dark room in his house, with a wall painted white, and 3d projectors aimed at it for borderless eyefinity on a massive scale.