5770 Temps

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Jayaitch, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Jayaitch

Jayaitch Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 460
    Hi,

I have an XFX ATI 5770 1GB Card.

On some games such as Crysis, Borderlands & Magicka the card is hitting temps as high as 78 Degree's (c)

Just wanted to know if this is acceptable to for my card or is it running too hot?
    Some games it only goes to 60 Degrees and usually it idles between 41-45 depending on room temp.

Is this good or should I be looking at extra cooling?

Thanks.

2. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
    Its acceptable.

I wouldn't think twice about it, but if it bothers you use something like Afterburner or ATT (ATI Tray Tools) to setup more aggressive fan profile.

3. Jayaitch

Jayaitch Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 460
    Hey thanks for the reply.

I went ahead and changed the thermal paste and now the card doesnt go above 61 on any game (so far) and idles around 39-41!!

I didnt think paste could make that much of a difference in temp so I am guessing there may have been something wrong with how the sink was sitting or the paste itself the last time I did it.

Saying that it was cheap thermal paste - I put some Zalman Super thermal grease on it.

4. scr3am

scr3am Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Don't know if it will help as much with reference cooler but I have a 12cm fan on the side of my case blowing over the card and my temps are now 50 full load and around 34 idle with 28 ambient temp which is about 10 degrees drop from my old case.

5. amieneel

amieneel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    temps r ok, should not be worried if it were bellow 100 .