5700XT MSI: Getting Trouble With Making Fan Curve Accurate

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by sheetal, Jun 1, 2022.

1. sheetal

sheetal Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® UHD Graphics
    Hello, I have this GPU for about 5 months but I played only competitive games where temps don't go above 69c with Junction temp maxed out at 76c. I undervolted GPU to 1000mV and 1900mhz/1800mhz on core/memory.

Basically seeing 69c as a max peak at the end of the day is somewhat satisfying for me. But now I started playing some other a bit more demanding games and my temp reach to 76c on GPU / 76c on Junction while maxing out with 65% fan speed (~1900RPM).

https://imgur.com/a/A6rtNRA

I don't get it. Fan Speed isn't real % fan speed and they are not reaching the numbers that I want. 60% fan speed triggers earlier than 65c which is what I want etc. How do I do this? No matter what I try, it seems that it keeps triggering fan speed randomly.

Years ago when I had both Nvidia and AMD GPU I was using Afterburner to make the fan curve 100% accurate, but I see that 3rd party software doesn't work properly. I'm worried cause during summer room temps will be coupled with degrees higher.

I updated today's beta driver and the same thing. On 55c all the way up to 65c in RDR2 (for example), fans are on 60%.. despite having other fan speeds for those temps in the screenshot above.

Even Junction Temp doesn't make sense if it was a target cause it's usually 2-3c + or - compared to GPU temp. Hotspot doesn't go above 90c though.

2. sheetal

sheetal Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® UHD Graphics
    My problem has been solved.

3. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    And?
    Please let us know what you found, thx.