56.64 - Another crap driver for NFSU

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by becksgold, Mar 17, 2004.

1. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X800XT-PE / Silencer 4 Rev.2 / Sony HS94PB
    Just tried the new released 56.64s as well as the 56.82s. Both are still the same crap in NFSU as all other 5x.xx series drivers: Micropauses during the first lap and over-shiny headlights. I can´t believe that Nvidia still hasn´t fixed this. So once again I went back to my old 45.23s and all problems are gone ... Did anybody say these drivers are optimized for FX series cards???

2. pman6

pman6 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GT SLI 1GB DDR3
    56.64's run the BALLS with NSFU for me!!!!:D

BTW: Everything maxed @ 1280x1024 75hz, (stuttering is allmost gonge too!) 45.23's rocked for my Ti4600 but not on the 5950U!!!!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  3. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    How can you say these drivers run the balls if stuttering is only "almost" gone? Ok, with a 5950 you can´t really run 45.23s, so i am happy that I only have a 5900 ultra, so I can use all the 4x.xx drivers :cool: .

4. Spuk0

Spuk0 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    P/C Vega 64 Devil
    I don't know what everyones problems are, only very rarely did I ever get any pauses and they were quicker than blink of the eye.

Never hampered me in my performance, then again I used bumper/first person view in the races.

This was with 53.03s and patch #4.

I finished the game a long time ago. Just play the dumb game.

Any drivers prior to forceware don't render some DX9 features correctly including Aquamark 3.

5. pman6

pman6 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GT SLI 1GB DDR3
    Play it on Mine and You'll never go back!

Bummer for you.
    Stutterig is a negligant complaint , it never hampered my performance whatsoever! It is nitpicking & due to the game engine , DEAL WITH IT! I've played through the game 3 times! That's what it 's made for, RIGHT!!!!! It runs and plays the BALLS on my RIG!!! LFN;) ;)

6. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    The game engine ran 100% stutter free with my old Radeon 9500 and with my 5900 ultra with 45.23s, so I just wonder why this crap happens with the forceware drivers and in addition, the headlight effects (are they DX9?) are over-bright? Fine for you guys if you can live with the minor stutters, I find them annoying and I still play the game although I have finished it once :grad: .

But RUNNING THE BALLS sounds cool to me -- I am German and I think I add this to my primary vocabulary -- THX for helping me in that case :D .

7. violatorxxx

violatorxxx Guest

Becksgold,
    go buy the fukin game. Its not an Nvidia driver issue. The 1. or 2. update from EA fixes that problem your talking about.

8. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    Come on, stop talking B.S.! I have bought the game and have installed all patches up to the latest patch No.4. This is a driver issue!!

9. isolar801

isolar801 Guest

I see you are using on-board sound.........this is known to cause various problems with gaming.......mostly stutters when the cpu has to allocated to audio and video at the same time..........

get a sound card !!

10. (TSC)Bender

(TSC)Bender Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 970 G1
    Try the 56.82's. NFSU has never ran smoother for me :)

11. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    Thx for all your ideas. Isolar, this has nothing to do with onboard sound ... all other games run fine (it happens also to people with soundcards). TSC, 56.82s also run like crap (see above) ... I guess the reason why it runs fine with you is because you are using a Ti4200 and not an FX card ...

However, this problem is a well known problem across many driver boards and NFSU boards, so I am not alone and currently the only solution is still the old 45.23s.

12. omeryounos

omeryounos Guest

i never had stuttering with gf4ti4200-8x & 45.23 but i ve this crap stuttering since i ve bought the gffx5700u & any forceware driver 52.14 to 56.64.

13. hocheung20

hocheung20 Guest

when your sound AND your graphics stutter at the same time. you know it's a problem with your CPU :p

14. KnightEdge

KnightEdge Active Member

GPU:
    Elsa Gladiac 920(GeForce 3 Based) :(

Im also experiencing that shuttering problem, Im really pissed, I have not yet tried it with the 56.56 and up but I will try it later.

15. isolar801

isolar801 Guest

The whole reason I stayed away from the FX series is all the problems most people seem to be having with them..not that I couldnt afford one.

It probably is a driver problem, but having a dedicated soundcard does free-up the cpu to handle graphics.......which leads to better performance on all games, not just this one. I dont remember if this game used mp3 as the sound source ....if it does ,your cpu has to decode those and the graphics at the same time.

Plus, it could even be related to system cache, disk fragmentation, or many other areas..........there is a lot of fast graphics and sound in that game !!

16. radosuaf

radosuaf Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050 Ti D5 4GB
    Re: Re: 56.64 - Another crap driver for NFSU

This rocks... I play NFS:U with all maxed out @1024x768 (crappy monitor :() with my bought-for-120-Euros 9500 64MB softmodded :D.

17. JRS

JRS Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 6800GT @ 380, 1050
    Well, maybe not enough people have actually compained to Nvidia about the problem - they've just moaned on message boards about it. :p

The 56.64's run everything just fine on my rig, but I must admit that I haven't played NFS:U on it (nor would I want to...crappy arcade racers aren't really my thing, I prefer racing sims that actually behave like the car would in real life).

18. pman6

pman6 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GT SLI 1GB DDR3
    Re: Re: 56.64 - Another crap driver for NFSU

Very witty comment!:p

19. (TSC)Bender

(TSC)Bender Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 970 G1
    Want to drive a car that behaves like the car would in real life? Theres nothing better than the real thing ;)

20. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    Yes that´s right. I am lucky that I live in Germany where we can drive without speed limit on the Autobahn (although not in Underground cities) ... and my car is running up to 250 km/h :D .