56.56 + Battlefield Vietnam = huh?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Baleur, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Well i've never claimed to be a driver expert, never claimed that my computer (softwarewise) is better than anyone elses, but it always does the job flawlessly..

I've had alot of experience with Battlefield 1942, was a fiiiine game.. No probs.
    Tough Battlefield Vietnam, it does not matter what i do, i still have this lovely bug of random flying grey boxes and triangles, a friend had it in the original Battlefield 1942 so obviously its some problem with the game-engine.

Anyways, it says "use the newest drivers provided on the cd" etc etc, as always, but the thing is that running the game on 53.03 or 56.56 makes no difference what so ever :rolleyes:
    I've done all the correct procedures by removing all nvidia files/drivers completely before attemting to install newer ones, tried every imaginable setting ingame and in windows, even stupid ones, lol, no difference.

THEN, i came up with the "brilliant" idea to try the 56.57 beta drivers, hahah well, the game looks like **** but the bug/problem is gone, totally gone, so i guess i'm the only person on this planet the 56.56 drivers did not fix Battlefield Vietnam's graphical artifacts and will just have to wait patiently for a new whql nvidia driver.... *sobs*

2. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    It has to be something with your computer cause why would they ship with 56.56s if it had problems?And i havent had any problems with any nvidia drivers that i can recall on any game besides fps.they work fine for everybody i know that has battlefield vietnam too?

3. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT
    Changing to 56.56 from 53.03 solved my probs in BFV,its strange that doesnt work for you.

4. Zonked

Zonked Guest

Well I wish I could help, but for some reason EA went ahead and released BF:V to alot of other countries but not the U.S. :mad: I guess as a 'yankee' Ill have to wait a day or so and check back in on this thread...

5. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    yes, very very strange, and now the 56.64 (or whatever) drivers are released, guess what, they dont do **** either :p LOL and it says its those drivers/files when i look it up in the display control panel etc, soooo they are installed, but no difference in that game at least :S

6. NeoFX

NeoFX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 1280MB
    ...Baleur, how is your performance, and what settings are you using for Vietnam... Just curious to see what kinda FPS you get.

7. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    im running it all maxed out at 32bit 1024x768 res, i would say about 30-40 fps

8. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    *bump* sry :S

9. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA e-Geforce 8800gts 640mb
    They need to put out a patch AND better drivers for this game.