5500XT Nitro and Fans not spinning up Adrenaline 2020

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by loquefxp, Oct 17, 2020.

1. loquefxp

loquefxp Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Nitro 5500XT 8G
    Hey all, I'm sure this has been discussed before recently but have any of you who have built a new rig with the 5x Radeon with Adrenaline 2020 noticed that your gfx card fans don't spin up under load?

I'm certainly no expert but I'm glad I checked and benchmarked my new rig before I start using it for video editing and gaming. I ran Heaven at 1080p High settings and saw GPU temps a 50c, I also ran the free 3Dmark bench test at similar settings and it crashed first time I ran it. XMP is disabled at this point as I want to see what stock low wattage my build will achieve. I don't want massive electricity bills running full tilt 24/7.

I did a bit of digging and found what I was looking for. My gpu fans were at 0% due to some settings in advanced fan mode in Adrenaline 2020. Performance/Tuning/Manual/Zero RPM - Disabled fixed it and now my gpu fans spin up under load.

Not sure if this is a specific hardware build/bios issue, or a software issue within Radeon Adrenaline 2020 (Latest build).

MSI Afterburner helped for custom fan profiles but I'm aware it needs to be running all the time.

Any ideas or suggestions regarding this? Thanks in advance.