552.12 - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Eviltoaster, Jul 20, 2020.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yes he never did a clean install before, this is my only explanation. However we did a clean install with DDU with the stock drivers and his temps were still the exact same. Not until we clean installed these slimmed down drivers did his temps drop massively.

2. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    This is amazing... downloaded last version of DDU... installed this clean driver version and i was thinking that i messed something when changing the settings in the bios short before new driver installation... GPU and CPU idle Temp went down around 7-8C and 10-12C while Gaming. And everything feels 3 time faster. I had to lower my overclock settings within bios since my system started to work and boost like never before. How? What is exactly the difference? Since i had no geforce expirience installed before that cannot be the reason. Is it telemetry?
    and if so then i will need to read a lot more about telemetry to understand this performance increase! But Thanks once Again!

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Whatever performance changes happened, is not because of the clean driver.

There is zero performance difference between the clean and the normal driver, or if there is, it would be within the margin of error.

Maybe when you used DDU you also disabled other startup items that were hogging resources, maybe you made some BIOS changes like enabling XMP, maybe something else that increased your performance. But performance is not the reason people use the clean drivers.

4. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    i understand what you you say but if the clean driver is the reason for the temp. descrease would also mean that indirect the driver had an positive impact on system performance. Of course i do not expect to see a huge perf. difference from a original driver where one gets installed full and the otherone with only needed functions or without some features not needed but not having the possibility to not install them in the original file provided from the vendor.

Enabling xmp or something like that is not a reason since i extra used notepad++ and compared plugin to compare .txt files exported from the bios before and after so i can confirm that nothing was changed there. Same on the OS level.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Interesting, I'm always slimming the package down to only driver, nvcpl and physx.
    Temperatures are always the same between clean installs, only seen it rise on the GPU once when I forgot to disable MSI Afterburner since it reverted to default settings instead of keeping my custom settings, never seen any changes on CPU temperatures.
    Only thing I could think of would be GFE related or a bug which I didn't encounter, nothing else in the package should use enough CPU resources to make that much of a difference, not even the telemetry.

6. billysmith76

billysmith76 Guest

GPU:
    geforce rtx
    Why is there "undecrypted folder" in the archive?

I want version 512.77.

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  7. roflmaooo

roflmaooo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8Go
    if you are cpu limited, yes driver cleaned can boost your performence because no telemetry in background etc... =) enjoy

Voromir likes this.
  8. Eviltoaster

Eviltoaster Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070 OC
    Updated to v516.40

9. Jon Stall

Jon Stall Guest

GPU:
    RTX2060
    The archive only shows until 511.79 and everything else is "undecrypted folder".

May I request a link for 512.95 please? Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  10. Sh1nTa0h

Sh1nTa0h Active Member

GPU:
    Tuf 3080
    Hello. I can't see the 512.95 link in the archive too.
    I would like to have the last driver of the previous branch.
    Time for me to upgrade from 472.84 to 512.95. Seems to be a good one.
    Can a good samaritain post the right link please ?
    Thank you very much !

11. Jon Stall

Jon Stall Guest

GPU:
    RTX2060
    I guess we should try 516.40? :v

12. Sh1nTa0h

Sh1nTa0h Active Member

GPU:
    Tuf 3080
    I guess too.
    I'm on 512.15 and sharpning option is different than on 472.84. Nvidia did some tweaks on it seems to be enhance.
    Now i have access to dldsr and its a good trick : i'm on a 1440p monitor and with dldsr it's like a sub 4k. Image quality definitively better at the cost of 1/4 - 1/3 fps.
    Otherwise raw performance is quite the same as on 472.84.

But i would like to have 512.95...haha
    Prefer the last of the previous branch than the first of a new branch...meh

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  13. Eviltoaster

Eviltoaster Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070 OC
    Updated to v516.59

fr33k, DanielRX, odjinan and 6 others like this.
  14. Qattos

Qattos Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 Ti
    Any chance we'd get the 512.95 driver? Didn't find it in the archive.
    Thanks in advance.

15. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    Just want to drop a line to say THANK YOU for keeping this priceless thread going all this time. These clean drivers are the *only* way to go, and they have never caused any issues of any kind. A person can use finely tuned reshades and better video capture software to replace whatever benefit the nightmarish, cancerous, tumor-bloatware, telemetry hellscape garbage shoveled into the normal drivers ever offered.

Rolacka likes this.

16. Mariangello

Mariangello Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    After installing the latest driver, the system is really slow.
    I did a factory reset but it's still the same.
    When I turn off Nvcontainer LS service, everything is fine but when I turn it back On, the system is really slow again.
    I tried reinstalling the control panel via Microsoft Store but it didn't help. I don't know what to do anymore...

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Install the last driver that worked for you and leave it there.

18. Mariangello

Mariangello Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    But the driver that works normally is already a year old.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    [​IMG]

20. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2022