516.94 - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Eviltoaster, Jul 20, 2020.

1. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6
    Thousand of Thank you, save time, bandwidth and storage!

2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    What makes it different? Not really anything other than it's developed by a member here and not over at TechPowerUp. I just linked that one because it is here. RTX cleaning has separate features not available to GTX.

3. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    I'll ask again.

What are the RTX features of driver package?

...and RTX/Non-RTX contains 'nodejs'?, hardly clean? :)
    Installs fine without this BTW ;)

PPC is USB-C driver, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the RTX features in package are?

All a 'big secret' lmao :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    Espionage724 likes this.
  4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3060 XC
    This is a guess, but perhaps only some RTX cards have the USB-C port, and no GeForce ones have it? It's possible the driver does something else regardless if you use the C port on the GPU or not; maybe controlling power delivery between the GPU and C port and suspending the C port if it isn't used.

The nodejs folder has references to NGX which is apparently what the AI part of RTX is. It's possible DLSS and RT won't work without this, or perhaps it won't be accelerated on the expected path (Tensor cores?)

https://developer.nvidia.com/rtx

https://docs.nvidia.com/rtx/ngx/pdf/Programming-Guide.pdf (NGX Features section)

scaramonga likes this.

5. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Well thank you very much my friend, I was wary, and strongly suspected, that the 'nodejs' is exactly what the RTX needs, driver wise :) I think you are very much correct on that buddy :) Thank you for the links also.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    AFAIR, the nodejs folder contains RTX-specific features related to NGX. While the drivers will install without it, features will be missing. If you don't want to use these features (or if your card doesn't support it anyway because it's a GTX card), you can remove it (or install the GTX version of the Clean drivers which don't include it), otherwise it's wise to keep it.

7. Samus01

Samus01 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI
    i havent been around for a long time, so the latest clean versions are DCH only (?), 472.12 was the last non DCH nvidia driver, is that correct? So DCH nvidia drivers are the way to go nowadays if we want the nvidia driver to be uptodate? thx

8. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Unfortunately, yes.

Samus01 likes this.
  9. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Correct.

Samus01 likes this.