516.59 - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Eviltoaster, Jul 20, 2020.

1. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The files in the Display.Driver folder that end in '_' are compressed using SZDD, which can be decompressed using the 'expand -r' command in Windows. This enables the drivers to be compressed by an additional 20%+. I'm surprised NVIDIA doesn't provide the original, uncompressed files in their installation files to save on server space. A .bat file can be created and executed in the Display.Driver folder to prepare them for compression:
    Code:
    @echo off
    expand -r *.??_
    del *.??_
    rename *.dl *.dl_
    rename *.ex *.ex_
    rename *.sy *.sy_
    rename *.bi *.bi_
    rename *.ic *.ic_
    7-Zip can also extract these files, but it won't handle the renaming of them like the above .bat file will.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    mapnam charun likes this.
  2. Aldek

Aldek Member

GPU:
    RTX2070 8GB
  3. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    @Eviltoaster, the official NVIDIA desktop and notebook releases are still identical. No need in providing separate desktop and notebook versions for these Clean drivers.

upload_2022-1-19_1-37-9.png

upload_2022-1-19_1-35-32.png

azimxv, Eviltoaster and mapnam charun like this.
  4. Eviltoaster

Eviltoaster Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    v511.32 - ONLY FOR RTX 3050
    Code:
    https://mega.nz/file/1lYCARxB#EbFIIkDLiKlsDoLyeF0s_lOdIQtlmU3MXQ5tprLBW0E

azimxv, Z3ddy and mapnam charun like this.

5. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 Member

GPU:
    Vega 7 + 1660ti 6GB
    I appreciate the amount of work put on this, thank you :)

Although.. it isn't enough to clean it from the driver/files level... the amount of telemetry and bloat that Nvidia have implemented is above imagination truly. The amount of loggings, tracing, and buttload of crap inside the drivers... makes it impossible to do it universally bec. it does it to each specific GPU model and not just the models but the sub models too. I do the cleaning by myself and following alanfox2000's cleaning method [https://puresoftapps-nvidia.blogspot.com/] he doesn't share how he does it but I can see it through his work on the drivers + some extra cleaning by myself I do it on my own. I am 100% doing it all by myself now on every Nvidia driver updates gets released ;)

I will put out some points for those who want to go too damn deep to the rabbit hole.
    - Folders to remove inside Display.Driver:-
    • NvCamera
    • NVWMI
    • NvTelemetry64.dll
    - Then Files to remove inside Display.NvContainer:-
    • dlsargs.xml
    • dlsnetparams.csv
    • nvgwls.exe
    • nvtopps.db3
    - Then Files to remove inside plugins\LocalSystem:-
    • wksServicePluginZero.dll
    • _DisplayDriverRAS.dll
    - Then Files to remove inside plugins\Session:-
    • _nvtopps.dll

After all that... You need to find your GPU specific ID Hardware on *.inf files and then remove all the lines that you have removed Files/Folders previously.

Then Inside Display.Driver folder you will need to open DisplayDriver.nvi as a Notepad/Sublime/Notepad++ and also remove all the lines that you have removed Files/Folders previously. Same thing applies on the root folder of Nvidia setup.cfg too.

This is just some guidance points for those who wants... extra clean :) although.. doing that will alter the driver signature so you will need to disable driver signature enforcement feature to be able to install the driver after you have done everything. This is not for newbie people or beginners.. you should know what I am talking about.

After all... thank you for your support after all those years providing every single driver clean update :)

Edit:- He actually did provide how to do it on here [https://puresoftapps-nvidia.blogspot.com/p/the-latest-repack-follow-this-tweak.html] but it is a little bit outdated :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    GPUHaze, Z3ddy and mapnam charun like this.
  6. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 8GB
    Doing this would prevent running anti-cheat software and people would not be able to play most MP games. If you really care about data collection then add something like pi-hole to your network. Stopping data collection from just one app isn't gonna do anything to your privacy.

THEBOSS619 likes this.
  7. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 Member

GPU:
    Vega 7 + 1660ti 6GB
    That is true but I play MP games that doesn't have this kind of anti-cheat software so it isn't affecting me. It isn't about privacy only though... I use custom DNS server so I am pretty much covered on that side about privacy... it is also about trying to lower the overhead that Nvidia drivers gets added with it and the amount of bloat/loggings/tracings on driver levels. All these stuff pretty sure use CPU/GPU cycles at least.

At least when customizing the driver... I still have WHQL status on a custom Nvidia driver ;)
    whql.jpg

Which really shouldn't cause too much issue with anti-cheat software unless they are pretty stubborn.

It isn't about one app on nvidia... its a multiple of services with it + Deep down on drivers level... all that with just Nvidia drivers alone.. useless with no benefits except collecting/logging/etc... why need all that dirt on driver level + a multiple of services with it for a damn GPU driver? I believe those kind of things to be made for Beta driver releases where a developer gets benefits from those kind of stuff... but other than that.. why implement it on Stable releases too? it doesn't make sense to me.

Generally... It might not make a difference for High End Spec PC's/Laptops but it will surely make a difference on Low-Mid Tier PC's/Laptops in general. Personally I like my stuff to be clean :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  8. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I use Pi-Hole on my network and love it.

enthusiast29 likes this.
  9. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Just want to say a massive thank you for uploading these clean drivers. Makes it so much easier and takes worries off the mind.

Thanks a lot @Eviltoaster

10. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    TY. Like the good ol' days.:)

11. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    So i just installed these drivers. For the very first time, first time for any of your drivers dame good job i must say. Thank you sir :cool: stuff

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  12. Eviltoaster

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Updated to v511.65

13. snyft

snyft Member

GPU:
    3DConnect x800GTO 256mb
    Do i still get the Nvidia control panel with these clean versions?

14. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 TI
    Yep.

snyft and mapnam charun like this.
  15. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    You're a such incredible toaster, thx again for your work !

mapnam charun likes this.

16. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4gb GDDR6
    Thank you so much tuan.

17. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    KF2 3090 SG
    Way prefer these cleaner drivers. Thank you for this project. Looking forward to the clean version for the latest hotfix!

18. Eviltoaster

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Added hotfix v511.72

19. mootyful

mootyful Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 Gigabyte
  20. MaidenFred

MaidenFred Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti Suprim X
    Thanks for job and update, no more issue with custom refresh rate over hdmi.
    Good driver